It is close to the Burrard Inlet waterfront, the Waterfront Station and Portside Park. My question for HuSi is: would I feel safe walking in that neighborhood at night?
It's on the edge of the Downtown Eastside, the poorest neighborhood in Canada. While efforts are underway to revitalize it, it is widely regarded as a dangerous place to be. I will be quite close to West Hastings Street. The East end of that street is vividly described in the above-linked page as a really scary place. Downtown Eastside was once where a serial killer plied his trade.
I normally work from home. I last worked on-site in the South of Market District of San Francisco in late 2000. I had to walk about a mile to catch the Bay Area Rapid Transit Train at the Powell Station. When I had to do so at night, it scared the living bejeezus out of me. I swore never to do it again.
Poll: Should I take the job?
Thursday December 22nd
- To those that give (8 comments)
Thursday November 10th
- In Memoriam (9 comments)
Tuesday August 23rd
- Eight days (30 comments)
Saturday August 13th
- Thoughts on the riots (25 comments)
Monday August 1st
- On the way between there and here. (6 comments)
Wednesday July 6th
- So where was I? (12 comments)
Friday July 1st
- Automatic Asshole Correction (15 comments)
Sunday May 22nd
- We owe it to each other to tell stories. (10 comments)
Monday May 9th
- There was, once. (21 comments)
Wednesday April 27th
- Another good moment (10 comments)