Print Story All work and no fun makes anonimouse a dull boy
Family
By anonimouse (Sat Jun 05, 2021 at 02:46:47 AM EST) (all tags)
Okay lets try this again as couldn't post yesterday

Work
Covid has been a stunning success. I want more pandemics. It's made everyone realise that it is possible for a lot of your staff to work remotely where they have far better conditions than in the office. I don't think many offices would supply me with a rig consisting of 3 PCs wired into a huge display

The other thing that is currently working about Covid is the realisation you can do more than one job. I don't think it will last for long but I'm currently doing 3 contract roles at once. Weirdly everyone is happy with the work I'm doing for them. Mrs Mouse and the MiniMice are very happy as I'm having to give them lots of money to avoid being an Additional Rate tax payer.

I've also given up my apartment in London, which on the good side saves a lot of money, but I think I'm going to have to find a place somewhere within striking distance of London.

Health
One Covid jab down, one to go this weekend.
I went into hospital with a kidney stone. Turns out I have two tubes coming out of one kidney and the stone is where they merge. I felt better almost as soon as I went in and the hospital gave me some drugs to help the stone come out and sent me home. Now I'm home, my kidneys decided to start causing pain again

No Love
Dating on the other hand sucks. Lots of effort, talk and no action. I do have a relationship that's working well, but she's in Portugal and the news this week has just made my planned trips there a little awkward.
< OK ok ok ok fine.
All work and no fun makes anonimouse a dull boy | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden)
Did the two jobs thing from Nov-April by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jun 10, 2021 at 04:06:05 AM EST
Found clashing zoom meetings and long hours quite tiring. But yeah the money was great. But as I got three month sans employment just when the pandemic started due to working for a travel company, I just made up the income that was lost.

Multiple meetings by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jun 10, 2021 at 10:43:21 AM EST
 I have to admit that between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. m.i. am on up to three meetings at the same time and I just hope I don't have to talk on more than one of them at any one time.

I did fuck up at the start of the pandemic, as I got put on furlough from my original role. What I didn't realise is that when I found a new role I could have remained on furlough in the first role simply by working through another umbrella company, so I lost about 20000 pounds by not doing that.

Its the first time I have broken the 1k/day barrier though

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Basic problem by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jun 10, 2021 at 11:01:04 AM EST
Is one company insisted on camera on for all meetings and was big at impromptu zooms....

My laptop camera sucks by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jun 10, 2021 at 02:11:23 PM EST
and my desk at home has the camera pointing out a window. If anyone asked me to turn it on, they would have gotten a washed out image.

My job as an IOS dev by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jun 11, 2021 at 03:42:27 AM EST
I have to have a top line MacBook Pro so camera is decent so no real excuse.

Interesting times by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #6 Sat Jun 12, 2021 at 08:56:56 AM EST
 I've been in situations where I've had a headset from one PC in one ear and a headset from another PC in the other.

All 3 standup meetings are between 9:00 and 9:30 which makes life interesting