Print Story I'm Stupidly Happy
By atreides (Wed May 05, 2021 at 11:37:34 PM EST) (all tags)
Everything's fine
I'm stupidly happy
My heart pumping wine

I'm stupidly happy
With idiot grin
I'm stupidly happy
You won't catch me in

It's been a heck of a week, folks.

The bad news is that my job let me go last week. They didn't think I was a fit for them and didn't see me having a future there.

The good news is that three hours before I was told that I got a different job I interviewed for the previous week.

The better news is that it would be a couple of weeks before I had to start (possibly three depending on how long it takes to mail me a laptop and equipment), coinciding with a roadtrip I had been planning for months. So it looks like, barring weirdness, a 3-day may be turning into a 4- or even 5-day.

The best news is that...well, a number of years ago, I mentioned I was seeing an accountant. I don't know if I mentioned it, but basically it ended and I never recovered entirely. I physically hurt for a year and a half. The sight of her picture gave me palpitations. Would you believe I started geocaching to get over her? And through it all, there hasn't been a day in 4+ years that I haven't thought of her. Well, we've been doing things together off and on for the last few months. The Thing was still there between us. And a week ago I finally told her that there hasn't been a day in four years that I haven't thought about her. So Accountant Girl and I are officially going out again. I'd forgotten what it's like to have a smile on my face at all, much less as a default position. I didn't remember what my smiling face even looked like. Now I know again.

This has been one hell of a week, folks. I know the other shoe will drop sometime, but I'm going to enjoy this as long as I am able. It just feels really nice to be happy again. Or some kind of crap like that.

< This diary brought to you by the letter C | Hello You >
I'm Stupidly Happy | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)
Heck of a week indeed by xzap (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu May 06, 2021 at 04:39:37 AM EST
Rock on brother

Is there anything that isn't treated as a penal crime in the land of the free?
---rdskutter---
Woohoo! by TheophileEscargot (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu May 06, 2021 at 10:12:46 AM EST
Good for you!
Excellent! by miserere (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu May 06, 2021 at 10:14:14 AM EST
After the shit of the past year, I'm so happy to see happy news on so many fronts. Enjoy it all!

Happy is good! (nt) by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu May 06, 2021 at 05:33:54 PM EST

[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Huge fan! by clock (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri May 07, 2021 at 09:07:38 AM EST
Of your happiness, that is. This is good stuff!!! Congrats all around!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Three cheers for happy news by Alan Crowe (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri May 07, 2021 at 05:35:13 PM EST
I hope that you find that you are a good fit at the new job.

<3 by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon May 10, 2021 at 12:21:24 PM EST
Big good news!
"I honestly pity the stupid motherfucker who tries to talk down to iGrrrl" - mrgoat
\m/ by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue May 11, 2021 at 11:32:33 AM EST
/nt
I'm Stupidly Happy | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)