Hello to all! A couple of quick updates...
- My personal laptop broke back in early September and I didn't replace it. I'm just going to buy my work laptop, and use that.
- Still in SV, fighting the good fight. Intending to move to SF in the fall (only stayed in the South Bay this year because rents fell and I didn't feel like moving up) when my lease expires or when I meet someone, whatever comes first. If I'm still single and a cat lady, I might actually go to Pacifica, as it is magical.
- In some significant "your bones will turn to dust" news... LO announced yesterday during our Mother's Day call that she is planning to move in with her boyfriend come this June.
- Getting my 2nd (hot people get) Pfizer shot tomorrow. Had some significant side effects with the first vax which makes me think I did have Covid last year.
- I fucking hate this pandemic and I think we're going to be stuck fighting this on the international level for the next few years.
- As a note to the previous point above, LO's undergrad graduation ceremony was finally rescheduled for April 2022. She'll get her M.Ed. in May 2022, but she doesn't want to stay in Education.
- I like my job my even (inadvertently) working 10 hour days (on an easy day) is fucking unsustainable. Need to find some hobbies to get me out and about once vaxxed.
- Last but not least, my Mom is in the process of dying and in accordance with her wishes, no one in my family is admitting to it. Yesterday's call with her and my Dad was brutal, she can barely breathe freely. She is refusing to get vaxxed (thanks Fox News), but the reality is that she's already wracked with lung cancer. It'll be months with her here on this Earth, not years.
- My siblings and I will need to figure out a plan to help my Dad. I have zero desire to move back East. I am a Californian now. Dad is starting to accept things, he even got vaxxed, but this is understandably not easy for him.
|< I'm Stupidly Happy | A slight site update >|