Print Story Customer service
By ucblockhead (Fri Feb 19, 2021 at 01:04:14 PM EST) (all tags)
Enraging occurrence at the supermarket:

I had to grab a couple things at the market last night.  I went through the fast lane, and there was some new young cashier.  (Unusual...it's a union shop, and most people are long timers.)

I checked my receipt on my way back to the car and...

the little fucker gave me the senior discount.
< It's pancake day
Customer service | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden)
I've been getting AARP junk mail by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Feb 19, 2021 at 02:43:11 PM EST
for years.

I guess in a few days I'll really be eligible.

AARP by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Feb 19, 2021 at 04:13:22 PM EST
My wife's maiden name is very common, and there seems to be someone with the same name in our town who is exactly twenty years older than her.  Because of this, she's gotten AARP junkmail for a decade at least, giving me lots of opportunities for unappreciated humor.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Last time I got a driver's license by marvin (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Feb 19, 2021 at 04:25:05 PM EST
I was not asked about my hair colour by the licensing agent who took my photo and my money. When my license showed up in the mail a week or so later, I was distressed to discover that the Province of British Columbia had deemed my hair to be grey.

Next time, I wonder if the government will determine that I have crossed some imaginary line to being bald? I'm still just thinning on top, but I thought something similar about being non-grey as well.

Congratulations on scoring a valuable discount. Make sure to tip the cashier next time from your winnings.

Fuck no by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Feb 19, 2021 at 07:30:37 PM EST
That $1.17 is mine, damnit!
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
You sell your pride cheaply by marvin (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Feb 19, 2021 at 08:28:37 PM EST
I'd hold out for at least $2.

I was about 50 when that happened. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Feb 20, 2021 at 03:43:07 PM EST
november tango

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Customer service | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden)