- One (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tomato, stemmed, cored and diced (1 cup)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 jalapeño chile pepper, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- additional salt/pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips or crackers or whatevs for serving
Slice the palm spears into 1/2-inch pieces. Do not worry if some fall apart.
Add the palm hearts to a small or medium bowl. Combine with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss.
Taste, and season with more salt and pepper if needed. It will tasted a bit too salty at this point. As you add the other ingredients, it will balance back out. Cover, refrigerate for 30 to 120 minutes.
Add the tomato, avocado, cucumber, jalapeño and cilantro to the bowl with the hearts of palm. Combine carefully.
Transfer to a serving platter or bowl, top with the black sesame seeds.
Serve with chips or crackers or whatevs.
|< Today is the 27th Day of September | Live nude goats >|