Print Story Not allowed to take any painkillers till after the surgery.
Cycling
By ObviousTroll (Mon Sep 21, 2020 at 02:32:35 PM EST) (all tags)
Not allowed to drink bourbon for lunch (anymore....)

I couldn’t stand wandering around the house any more, so I carefully pulled a bike out of the basement, and went for a ride. My speed is down by a third, and the muscles won’t loosen up. Finally, I hobble off my bike and into the coffee shop, then plop down into a chair with a coffee and a cookie, and as I let the sunshine wash over me I can’t help but reflect on how, honestly, I should stop complaining, I have a pretty good life.

[Edit] I have no idea why my font was so ginormous in the original post... Also, no emoji support? What is this, the 20th century? ;-)
< One | Two >
Not allowed to take any painkillers till after the surgery. | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden)
Gratitude by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Sep 22, 2020 at 06:01:35 AM EST
Yep. With all the craziness this year I've been steadily employed, going in to the office. All the AA meetings transitioned (mostly) smoothly online. While several friends caught the plague none died directly from it.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

What about medical marijuana? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Sep 23, 2020 at 03:26:41 PM EST
and I have bad news about the homepoathic content of the water you've been drinking.

SWHTL and I have actually been experimenting with by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Sep 23, 2020 at 06:16:11 PM EST
CBD but neither of us is sure whether it actually does something or it's just a placebo.

I'm not worried about homeopathic drugs in my water, though. I just show it pictures of clear mountain streams and the molecules change back to their pure form.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
Mrs. Ha says CBD helps her by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Sep 24, 2020 at 10:14:48 AM EST
I've tried it and haven't noticed any affects.

SWHTL summed it as by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Sep 24, 2020 at 10:18:23 AM EST
"I don't think it reduces the pain, but it seems to make me care less about it."

there have been recent studies reviving the idea that microdosing LSD similarly alters a person's pain tolerance, which is interesting...

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
In case you missed it.. by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Sep 24, 2020 at 11:18:19 AM EST
Martha Stewart, Blissed Out on CBD, Is Doing Just Fine

“We sat next to each other for seven hours,” Ms. Stewart said. “Snoop must have smoked 10 giant fat blunts, and I inhaled all that smoke. I felt really good.”

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

The problem is... by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Sep 24, 2020 at 04:03:30 PM EST
When you’re compulsive about one thing...

I mean, I’m quite happy being in the kindergarten version of a 12 step program and I’m keenly aware of how many of the people I meet at meetings are also in one, two, or more, other programs...

Heh. And for the record, there’s a voice in the back of my head that says if I switched to AA meetings I’d get to eat the donuts.... :-D

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
Almost all the meetings around here by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Sep 25, 2020 at 09:30:59 AM EST
are on Zoom, and no one brings food to the in-person ones.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Well, that’s disappointing. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Sep 25, 2020 at 11:01:15 AM EST
I thought all AA meetings had to have donuts! Just another way TV has lied to me...

Not unexpected about going Zoom though. The only group I know of that’s doing face to face is the NA meeting at our church.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
When my first wife was alive by lm (2.00 / 0) #10 Sat Sep 26, 2020 at 02:25:13 PM EST
She was on medical marijuana. It didn't do anything for the sorts of pains I have. I wish it would have. I would have gotten a card. Being on anti-coagulants I only have access to acetaminophen and I really shouldn't be taking that given how much I drink.

But when Jenn was alive, she focused on high THC strains. From folks that use the herb as medicine, the high CBD strains are supposed to do much more for pain.

One of these days I might try it.

Kindness is an act of rebellion.