Print Story LO IS A COLLEGE GRADUATE
By yankeehack (Sat May 16, 2020 at 05:40:31 PM EST) (all tags)
You can all feel old now as your bones turn into dust.

< Story Time - That Time I Dicked Around With Lasers | Hey kids >
LO IS A COLLEGE GRADUATE | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden)
Of Note by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #1 Sat May 16, 2020 at 06:23:57 PM EST
I gave LO no shit after she helped move my stuff out to CA back in the before-times (late Dec/early January).

She apparently applied for this service org as a backup "plan C". (Sorta like the Peace Corps and a belated thank you to one 1990s era Bill Clinton.)

When she told me about her application back in April... Me: You can always chill on my couch in Silicon Valley, but I think this was a smart thing to do.
LO: Yes it was. Should I wait for other job applications to come through?
Me: Uhhh... probably not.

The other jobs by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat May 16, 2020 at 06:27:54 PM EST
LO applied for was at a world-wide known zoo in Chicago. (Her past internship/jobs was at a zoo in the education department).

She was told beginning of May 2020 that she was an amazing applicant but funding had been frozen.

Nice. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #3 Sun May 17, 2020 at 06:36:53 AM EST
Lamb went into Americorps after graduation last year, until COVID she was helping rehab damaged homes ala habitat for humanity. When COVID hit they sent her home, but now they’re planning to reactivate her as a COVID contact tracer.

I’m very proud of her. Also, TFA and Americorps were two of the best things Clinton did. As an alleged conservative I thought I’d put that out there.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
Congratulations by ambrosen (4.00 / 2) #4 Sun May 17, 2020 at 12:52:20 PM EST
I hope you get to celebrate it properly before too long.

Congrats to her! by Gedvondur (4.00 / 1) #5 Sun May 17, 2020 at 06:26:37 PM EST
And christ on a crutch I feel old.

No kidding by iGrrrl (4.00 / 3) #6 Mon May 18, 2020 at 04:21:45 PM EST
I was thinking of Yankeehack talking about doing/learning tech with LO on her lap!

Congrats, YH and LO, too!

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Congrats to LO! by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue May 19, 2020 at 12:18:04 PM EST

Dude by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Jun 06, 2020 at 12:25:18 AM EST
I have a college graduate (after, ahem, six fricken years) and a high school senior*.

*Anyone who attended Boston HuSi meet over fifteen years ago would remember her as the kid in the stroller at the aquarium. Feel old fuckers.

---------------
Also by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat Jun 06, 2020 at 12:26:42 AM EST
Congratulations. I know how much of this is your achievement and only your best imaginary friends will acknowledge that.

---------------
That's cool by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #10 Sat Jun 06, 2020 at 05:08:04 AM EST
Can I have her number now?

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
LO IS A COLLEGE GRADUATE | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden)