Print Story All by myself
Music
By Herring (Mon Mar 23, 2020 at 12:27:56 PM EST) (all tags)
Don't wanna be
All by myself

Let's have an MFC

Theme: as per title. Or just do a cover of the Eric Carmen.

Closing date, let's say Midnight BST Sunday April 19th.

Note: extra marks* for performing live on VHuSiBeers.

*No extra marks

< I got nothing new | So if someone you live with works with someone who met someone who might have been exposed... >
All by myself | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden)
I'd just like to say by Herring (4.00 / 3) #1 Mon Mar 23, 2020 at 05:30:17 PM EST
That to enter an MFC, you don't need to be a particularly competent musician/singer or whatever. You don't need anything more than Audacity and a built-in mic. Record a Radiohead song with mandolin and kazoo. Whatever seems like a good idea at the time.

You can't inspire people with facts
- Small Gods

+1FP by Scrymarch (4.00 / 2) #2 Tue Mar 24, 2020 at 03:39:31 AM EST
Eleventy one.

Iambic Web Certified

You have my attention. by dark nowhere (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Mar 24, 2020 at 07:30:45 AM EST
I won't be doing a cover, since copyright infringement is expressly against the Vocaloid terms, and my singing voice is probably somewhere in the ballpark of Tom Waits with a sinus infection, minus the talent.

See you, space cowboy.

I'll write something by Herring (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Mar 24, 2020 at 02:00:50 PM EST
I'm toying with the idea of something ambient and instrumental - to spare people my singing.

I think it's more fun to make something up.

You can't inspire people with facts
- Small Gods

I'm looking at by technician (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Mar 26, 2020 at 06:52:23 PM EST
a cover, something like One Is The Lonliest Number or maybe covering a hopeful Peter Gabriel tune? I'll work on it this weekend.

OK whre do we park the files? by technician (4.00 / 1) #7 Sat Mar 28, 2020 at 12:16:59 PM EST

Well by Herring (4.00 / 1) #8 Sun Mar 29, 2020 at 12:49:20 PM EST
When I've got a few entries, I'll put them up on my website. Or on an AWS VM or something.

You can't inspire people with facts
- Small Gods

All by myself | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden)