Print Story I DID IT!!!!
Travel
By atreides (Wed Jan 22, 2020 at 12:47:05 AM EST) (all tags)
Yesterday, I rolled into Dallas and grabbed a geocache, specifically, The Grassy Knoll, a virtual (non-physical) cache at Dealey Plaza.

Why should you care? Because it was in the 254th of 254 counties in Texas. Yes, EVERY COUNTY IN TEXAS.

I did it, bitches!

< To The Emperor! | Bad trip tattooed on my brain >
I DID IT!!!! | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden)
Congratulations by Orion Blastar (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jan 22, 2020 at 01:11:09 AM EST
did Oswald act alone or where there CIA assassins in the grassy knoll?

"I drank what?" - <a href="http://uncyclopedia.co/wiki/Socrates">Socrates</a&gt after drinking the Conium
Oswald was, in fact an apprentice... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Jan 23, 2020 at 08:16:45 PM EST
...to an actual magician. There actually was a magic bullet! That's my theory and I'm sticking with it!

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Woo hoo! by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jan 22, 2020 at 06:35:18 AM EST
Congratulations!

What's next on the list?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

There are 3142 counties or county equivalents... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu Jan 23, 2020 at 08:18:04 PM EST
...in the United States. Texas accounts for 8% of them. Jus' sayin'...

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

next stop by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #18 Fri Jan 24, 2020 at 10:25:03 PM EST
Delaware.  Just 3 counties.  So you can say you've done the state with the most and the least

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BALLS! ->clock
AWESOME!!! by clock (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Jan 22, 2020 at 08:40:51 AM EST
I've been following the blog. Quite a journey! That's just AWESOME!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Twelve thousand miles, give or take... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu Jan 23, 2020 at 08:22:02 PM EST
Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it! The Texas county narrative has about another month and a half. After that, I'll be a little more generic until I can start the next project. At some point, I may even ask to crash on your couch for a couple of days...

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

My couch is your couch by clock (4.00 / 1) #16 Fri Jan 24, 2020 at 07:34:03 PM EST
You know that. Give us 20 minutes notice so we can be sure someone is around and we’re good!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Dang!! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jan 22, 2020 at 09:06:22 AM EST
Congratulations!!!

You and Beto, man!

But he had adoring fans. :( by atreides (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Jan 23, 2020 at 08:23:23 PM EST
I just had cops, rain, and standing water everywhere. :P

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

you have a blog with readers by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #20 Sun Jan 26, 2020 at 04:12:09 PM EST
so you're there

Congratulations! by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jan 22, 2020 at 03:12:40 PM EST
I did something similar-ish but much smaller last year: rolled across the border into Estonia and got my 28th EU country out of 28.

But 254/254 by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jan 22, 2020 at 03:13:47 PM EST
makes that pale in comparison. Brilliant work!

I, too, would happily do 28 countries... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #13 Thu Jan 23, 2020 at 08:24:34 PM EST
If I'm lucky I'll get to add one more later this year.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Woo! by TheophileEscargot (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jan 22, 2020 at 04:08:23 PM EST
COMPLETE!
The only thing cooler than looking at that map... by atreides (4.00 / 2) #14 Thu Jan 23, 2020 at 08:26:32 PM EST
...and seeing it all filled in is knowing I don't have to do it again. But who are we kidding? I'm totally going to do it again, just in other states... :)

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Oh wow! by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Jan 23, 2020 at 05:29:12 AM EST
Epic schievement sir!

Thanks! by atreides (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Jan 23, 2020 at 08:27:47 PM EST
But there are more states and counties waiting... there is more "epic" in the future, I hope. :)

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

I’m impressed by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Jan 24, 2020 at 08:01:23 PM EST
There are only fourteen counties in Massachusetts, which is only 300 or so miles long, and I haven’t been in all of them never mind actually doing something like that. Congratulations.

---------------
If you're in MA... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #21 Mon Jan 27, 2020 at 12:13:16 AM EST
351? by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #23 Mon Feb 03, 2020 at 08:20:55 PM EST
Every town? Yikes. As stated I still haven’t been to every county.

---------------
Congratulations! by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #19 Sat Jan 25, 2020 at 09:21:54 PM EST
I love this project!

So when LO, her roommate and I were in Dallas last February, we went to the Sixth Floor Museum. Aside from the fact that I totally did not need to spend over 2 hours there, did you know there's a visible  X on the road where Kennedy was assassinated?

It was totally something I did not need to see.

I didn't notice it, but... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #22 Mon Jan 27, 2020 at 12:15:02 AM EST
...I was looking at other things. :( I haven't been to the museum for almost 20 years.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

I DID IT!!!! | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden)