Print Story HELLO FROM CALI-FOR-NIA!!!!
By yankeehack (Sat Oct 19, 2019 at 02:48:05 PM EST) (all tags)

wildly waves at you all

I write this to you from the land of Silicon.

A few weeks ago there was another departure at work and the COO, who I reported to, said "YH we need to get you to California. You need a change."

As it turns out, another shuffle occurred and now all department heads report to the CEO, and there's an informal brain trust which I'm now a part of. Go me, I guess. There are some other secondary pressures including that our main sales guy screwed the pooch last quarter. So now I'm here in Cali to figure out Q4 for my team, to help with sales, and to figure out where I am going to live.

This past week was just me getting used to working in the office. By Thursday, I was overstimulated to the point that I was grateful that everyone decided to work off-site on Friday. Also our west coast day (some of them) start with 7am video calls that most do from home and boy, are those ever draining, even though the office clears out by 2 or 3pm west coast time.

I have no idea what to do with myself this weekend other than I need a break. I did wake up at 8am with almost no pain this morning so that was good. I can report that my Tinder is popping and I've had some amazing wine during my "Fuck it, the office is empty so I'm going to hit a bar at 4pm" jaunts.

I have nothing else to say. I needed this change.

< Me Mo Mingus | Life never goes quite how you think it will >
HELLO FROM CALI-FOR-NIA!!!! | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)
*waves wildly back* by Scrymarch (4.00 / 2) #1 Sun Oct 20, 2019 at 07:36:46 AM EST
accidentally smushes half-eaten ice-cream cone into passing pedestrian

frantically apologies and offers a rather ragged looking tissue

Congrats on the move : )

Sheepishly tries to walk away, avoiding eye contact with unfortunate pedestrian

Iambic Web Certified

Welcome by miker2 (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Oct 21, 2019 at 03:07:07 PM EST
Just moved here myself last month.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
Oh by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Oct 27, 2019 at 04:21:55 PM EST
where?
Sunnyvale by miker2 (2.00 / 0) #7 Sun Oct 27, 2019 at 08:06:14 PM EST
Moved up here end of September for a new job.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
welcome by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Oct 23, 2019 at 01:26:30 PM EST
What city do you think you're going to land in?

Most likely by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Oct 27, 2019 at 04:21:13 PM EST
Mountain View / Palo Alto / Sunnyvale
welcome by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Oct 23, 2019 at 07:34:43 PM EST
in a couple months once you and mikron are settled in, we should have a coffee / beer date :)
Just in time for by Orion Blastar (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Nov 07, 2019 at 01:00:37 AM EST
fire season. Wait until they turn the power off again.

Then again mudslide season is fun if you own a boat for the floods.

Earthquakes really shake things up.

Then there is smog season with climate killing CO2.

I live in Missouri the season changes too much.

"I drank what?" - Socrates after drinking the Conium
HELLO FROM CALI-FOR-NIA!!!! | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)