Lately a lot of people have been asking my advice in interviewing for jobs. Here are some tips that I have found always work:
- 1. First impressions last forever. Immediately after shaking someone’s hand, take a bottle of antibacterial sanitizer from your pocket and clean your hand thoroughly so that they know you have good hygiene.
- 2. Your potential employer is probably a busy person. If they do not respond the day after the interview, visiting them after work hours at their home is probably a great idea.
- 3. Maintain eye contact throughout your interview. Piercing cold eye contact.
- 4. Employers require your resume generally, but make it stand out by using an off-white paper stock and then handing it to them with a $100 bill stapled to it.
- 5. Make sure you dress up for the interview. Any fool knows to wear a suit. But if you really want to stand apart wear a tux or formal cocktail attire. Nothing says "I mean business" like a monocle.
- 6. If you are asked the age old question of "what are you weaknesses?" just respond by letting them know that the weak die. Possibly followed by a veiled threat that you'll prove you are stronger than anyone else. Then show them how many push-ups you can do.
- 7. Use the words "with extreme prejudice" as many times as possible during the interview. Everyone uses buzz words, but real stand outs make sure it's known that they will literally kill a man if/when the job requires.
- 8. Set the tone of the interview by hugging your interviewer. Let them know you are human. Don't be afraid to hold hands.
- 9. Create and air of mystery by not including your first or last name on any documentation or in the interview. Tell them you only give that out upon a firm offer. Refer to yourself by a code word, such as Snake, The Raptor, or Jack Bauer.
|< In Gods hands | will we ever do kastalsky again? >