- Samples should be submitted for collection between now and the October 14th, end of day (midnight), EST.
- Completed entries are due on November 4th, end of day, EST.
- You must use at least one collected sample that you have not submitted. Exception: if no one else submits samples of the medium you have chosen, this rule can be ignored. (This rule is the only constraint, the rest are for clarification.)
- Try to keep sample length to a few seconds in general. Four bars is probably a good limit for sampled music, speech might need more time to be effective. This is a guideline only.
- Please provide non-lossy sample formats if possible. Again, this is a guideline only.
- Submitting one or more samples is not a requirement, but it is encouraged.
- You may submit samples for collection or otherwise share samples with participant without submitting a final entry.
- There are no restrictions on further sampling in this challenge, so feel free to share samples after the 14th if you discover something. These will not be collected, but they may be used by participants.
- Submissions may of course use synthetic elements in addition to samples.
- This challenge is not just music-oriented! Any digitally copyable medium can be used. If you want to do a collage, a video mashup or even remix a book, give it a go! (You may submit multiple entries in different media if you choose. You may submit multiple entries in the same medium if you think you can get away with it.)
For samples, I think most of them can just be hosted as user files here on HuSi. I recommend SoundCloud for music hosting (if all tracks are on SoundCloud we can make a playlist of all of them.) If you don't have any options you like, let me know and we'll host it on stereophoenix or something.
For other kinds of submissions, I recommend using a whatever-hosting site for the sake of community. As with music, I am up for hosting submissions.
Questions, comments, complaints?
|< It has been a while. | Thursday >