Print Story head above water
By Merekat (Thu Apr 14, 2011 at 10:43:25 AM EST) (all tags)
More or less.

Work:
  • battling suppliers who I know are lying but they're obviously not aware of the fact I know or they think I'm stupid.
  • battling internals who want to keep polishing stuff until the heat death of the universe rather than risk taking the next step
  • attempting to create procedural history so that this doesn't actually kill me
  • trying to work out why a previously very happy and flexible person has become a rules lawyer
Health:
  • Not looking forward to dentist
  • Had a 4 hour headache today, couldn't find the paracetamol
  • Picked up the small daily exercise again. Have backslid by 15 situps
Other:
  • Listening to a lot of Pratchett audiobooks at the moment, preferably read by Briggs and containing Vimes. Vimes might be my hero.
  • Heading to Belgium for fruity beer in a few weeks
  • Can't get my piercings back in by myself after x-rays. Need to find somewhere to help that isn't full of teenagers.
< quick sketch of a proof | Holy Crap >
head above water | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden)
Well by Phage (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Apr 14, 2011 at 10:50:53 AM EST
"trying to work out why a previously very happy and flexible person has become a rules lawyer."

Someone has pointed out that they've been taken advantage of ? This happens to nice people quite a bit.

perhaps by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Apr 14, 2011 at 11:11:16 AM EST
But it wasn't by me.

Defensive Maneuver by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Apr 14, 2011 at 08:36:49 PM EST
Something wrong on their end.  Maybe not with your project, but they're going into process to stall.

---------------
yeah by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Apr 14, 2011 at 11:28:15 AM EST
Sounds like someone took the fall for something.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Well then... by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Apr 14, 2011 at 05:00:07 PM EST
Head above water - ur doin it RITE!

Vimes - my favourite Pratchett character bar Sweeper.

+1 Belgian Beer by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Apr 14, 2011 at 06:00:12 PM EST
Framboise by any chance?
Nope by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 05:50:43 AM EST
Kriek - the old fashioned sour kind. Framboise is too sweet for me.

I can fly in to help with those piercings. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Apr 14, 2011 at 08:27:04 PM EST
Gratis

I don't think she wants adolescent help by lm (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 08:22:13 AM EST

Cicero, The Republic
ahhh by Merekat (4.00 / 2) #10 Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 08:45:29 AM EST
So you are what people mean when they say women get unwanted attention online.

Now I understand.

Merekat, meet ammoniacal by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 09:57:22 AM EST
ammoniacal, meet Mere.... say, wait, haven't you both been here for nearly 10 years?

Not condoning jerkdom, mind. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 10:11:24 AM EST
And re-reading, I realise ammoniacal was being more adolescent than I thought. What can I say? I'm just a little sheltered, is all.

We have a WINRAR! by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 10:15:15 AM EST
Leopard. Spots. Blahbitty-blah-blah-blah.

It could always put a coat on, though. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #14 Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 10:25:35 AM EST
Which would save us seeing the spots.

Laibach and think of Engerland. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 10:46:20 AM EST

Something like that by Merekat (4.00 / 1) #18 Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 03:01:29 PM EST
Occasional flashing would be much more entertaining.

You know by Herring (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 12:08:43 PM EST
I never had you down as the sort of person who would have non-visible piercings.

Oh well - pub time.

You can't inspire people with facts
- Small Gods

They're visible by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 02:01:55 PM EST
I just don't have pliers

head above water | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden)