Print Story 2010-01-11
By dev trash (Tue Jan 11, 2011 at 10:58:31 PM EST) (all tags)
Netflix.
Snow.
Stuff.

When I was at the root canal place yesterday I noticed some mailboxes at the other end of the office park.  I had my mail with me, and thought hey, might as well drop it off, since I'm early.  I had a Netflix DVD in that pile.  I put it in the box around 1PM.  Today, I checked my email and Netflix HQ had gotten the disk by 6AM.  That's the fastest I've ever seen them get a disk.  Granted Allentown has a huge postal sorting facility, but damn.

I am currently being snowed on.  Well it's snowing outside.  At least two inches.

Firmed up plans with S on road trip this summer.  First we want to meet first.  Tonight she suggested Pigeon Forge, over Memorial Day weekend.  So the plan is for me to drive to her place ( 9 hours )  Spend the night, and then we go to PF in the morning, spend the day/night.  As for the road trip deal.  That's end of August, to Mt. Rushmore/Wind Cave National Park.  That's an even 24 hour drive, from her place.  Excited.  Hate planning things in too far advance because I just can't wait! always gets me.  So yeah.

Up way too late.  So off to bed.

< more douchenfreude | Paninis And Other Gifts >
2010-01-11 | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden)
We did the Rushmore /Yellowstone by miker2 (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 09:05:41 AM EST
Road trip back in 1984, when I was almost 7 years old.  Spent 2+ weeks driving out, 4-5 days at Yellowstone, then 4-5 days driving back.  Those are some of my first memories and I'm glad they are since there's some awesome stuff to see out there.

yeah. We're gonna do just a week of travelin by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 08:27:50 PM EST
It's gonna be a tight schedule, but in my mind and I think for her as well, it's more about the trip and not the destination.

Click
First you want to meet by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 09:31:18 AM EST
So the plan is to drive to her place, meet there, then spend the night?

I think you're starting to channel some of hulver's new magic powers. Good job.

Vive le Montréal libre.

yes I am. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 08:34:46 PM EST
And spending the night at her place was not even on my radar.  Originally she wanted to meet before we drive all over the country, which I agree is reasonable.  We were gonna do half way between us.  Then yesterday she asked if I'd want to meet in PF, and I said sure but that's like 3 hours beyond where she lives.  And that's when it kinda moved to, drive to my place, spend the night, go to PF the next day.

Click
Suggest a quick look at a calendar ASAP. /nt by ni (4.00 / 2) #3 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 09:54:00 AM EST

for? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 08:31:23 PM EST
Sturgis is beginning of August.

Click
doh! by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jan 12, 2011 at 08:32:08 PM EST
And I had been so good since the 1st.

Click
2010-01-11 | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden)