- MF hasn't done so much as pretend to try to charge my credit card for my order. I'm guessing this will be yet another time where they just don't even try until the day comes I lose my patience with their "we may be security checking your azz" BS and rip into them, then it'll magically start moving. Final order with MF? YEP. Wouldn't have been with them if I could get this Mic anywhere outside the MF/M123/GC conglomerate. If they can't move on it, I'll just cancel and call up Sweetwater, tell them my monetary limit, and tell them I want a decentish condenser. Those guys rule it anyway. I can reset levels instead of having a direct replacement. Bastards.
- Many months ago we were given a request by sales/marketing for a web interface to a database they purchased from a third party. I created the web interface from scratch exactly as requested. Now, months later, and three days before training for utilizing this web interface, I am given a new, never before seen, spec sheet that will require, literally, WEEKS of my time to put into code. Training begins Monday. When confronted with the problem, the response was, "you've known about this for months."
- HR requested we set them up a forum for employee questions/answers. Made sense. Done and done. Now we're slowly locking that forum down. Today's request? "Can we remove the 'posted by' line and the date and time of any posts?" We've already prevented anyone else from posting but HR themselves, thus removing the need for a forum at all. I dub thee, useless time sink.
- The healing process had been going quite well until yesterday, when apparently I wore a not so great pair of underwear. Setback. Gat damn.
- Whatever the hell kind of rat poison the crapateria based their caramel rolls on this morning, it's taken a toll on me. And I had to pick today to get a roll?
On the rare bright side:
- The boss backed me up on the sales/marketing snafu. In fact, he actually whipped out a real-life facepalm, followed by a scalp-rub.
- A democratic senator appears to have resigned with the publicly stated reason that boils down to "Washington sucks. STFU and do something or I'm going home." Too bad none of the people staying will pay any attention. Made for entertainment though.
- Zippy has stopped tracking calls in the call log again. I won the pool.
|< "Why Nice Guys Finish Last" | So wait, the Jersey Shore actors aren't even Italian???? >|