- I bought my sister a large pack of stroopwafles (GIYS) for Christmas, among other items. I picked them up from the post office, and there were four individually wrapped packages with about 15 stroops per package. You know where this is headed - I just finished off one of the packages myself.
- Unusually good football on the TV today.
- I am currently on jury duty as an alternate juror. The case is not as emotionally intense as Aphrael's trial, although it does involve the death of a person, and I think it's more worthy of a jury trial (aph's trial really should have been pleaded out). I'll probably write a diary about it after.
- Upping the protein and cutting an equivalent amount of carbs has worked. I've added muscle. Not a ton, but I've had no problem continuing to progress both with bench press and pull down / pull up exercises. Enough to where my body looks different - at least to me.
- Flying home on Christmas eve. It looks like it'll just be the immediate family for the first time in my life this year. We almost never hang out with my dad's brother's family, and my mother's sister's clan, who we normally get together with and sometimes host ourselves, is apparently now too big to host us (no one in the family has a McMansion). I'm not close to anyone in the extended family, so while it's a bummer on an abstract level I'm honestly not bothered. I would rather spend time with my parents who are not getting any younger anyway. Two good friends back home have wives who popped proto-humans in the last few months, so I'll try to get visits in to them too. Also, snowshoeing with the sis. And maybe stalking duxup if I get bored.
- Board games tomorrow.
- Black Swan on Tuesday.
- Merry x-mas kids.
|< Prelude | Quick bulleted update >|