I've been thinking about what board games might be nice to have, both in general and specifically for 2-player use. Here is a list:
- Carcassonne. We like this game.
- Carcassonne: The Castle. Haven't played it, but it's a 2-player stand-alone variation that I heard good things about.
- Rivals for Catan. The new reworking of the Settlers of Catan card game (not worth it if you have the card game and expansions already). I thought it might be cool.
- Cyclades. I saw this on the internets and it looked cool. Similar theme to the Mare Nostrum expansion. Has good reviews.
- Small World. Heard good things, looks okay.
- Various Settlers of Catan expansions.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the first couple Chicago albums are great (except for that "Free Form Guitar" track and a few other slips on the first album and the second putters out at the end). I haven't taken the time to determine the frontier where they change from "great music" to "crappy 80's shit" that ammoniacal hates, but there's a line somewhere, just like there is with The Simpsons.
Speaking of which, apparently today is "Simpsons Day", the anniversary of the first episode of The Simpsons.
In other news: Tim Ferriss is a disingenuous huckster.
I've lost a few pounds. I'm starting to see a little more definition in my serratus. I'm not going to continue that, though. I'm hovering just under 250 while my typical equilibrium has been a little over 255.
OMG, the cafeteria has clam chowder.
|< I haven't completely forgotten you.... | Conversations >