Print Story Life.
Funny stuff
By ana (Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 04:18:02 PM EST) (all tags)
The Universe. And everything.

In no particular order. Hence the unordered list format.

• BOIP is a great acronym. It might be Beer over IP.
  • I'm surviving, only occasionally forgetting to breathe.
  • There are days when any sane manager would say, "hey, get to work there." If I was busy doing stuff (you know, typing at windows with graphs in them, stuff like that) the One Idea That Might Just Work would perhaps have flitted out the other ear before I noticed it, or took the time to write it down.
  • That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  • I am not spontaneous.
  • I am, however, obsessed with certain subjects. More of those should be left right out of my writing.
  • Looks like my colleagues will be getting there stuff in to me by Friday, only two days behind the stated deadline.
  • This may or may not have something to do with the proposal deadline Friday morning.
  • I'm convinced my cat can read my mind. If he's not already there, every time I think about getting up out of my chair, he appears in my lap.
  • Like all things in which a human thinks he (or she) understands a cat, I am mistaken about this.
  • In fact, cats would make a great model for aliens in fiction: sometimes it seems like you understand what they're on about, but you're always seriously mistaken if you think that.
  • Anybodywannadolunch?
  • I dislike having to plan my social schedule in order to see anybody at all.
  • Friends. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
  • It's almost November again. I really shouldn't write another novel before I finish revising the last one.
  • But it's almost November.
  • Thunderbird sucks. It doesn't seem to reliably notice when stuff appears in the inbox.
  • Nor is it able to reliably split infinitives.
  • Or to boldly go.
  • There is no [ ].
  • I've been pretty self-absorbed lately. Things seem better; maybe I can come out of my shell again.
And that, as they* say, is that.
----
*Who are "they" exactly, anyway?
< yikes | Randy Moss! >
Life. | 32 comments (32 topical, 0 hidden)
We are "they"... by atreides (4.00 / 5) #1 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 04:36:16 PM EST
...and I mean "we" in the royal sense.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

I have just by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 04:36:29 PM EST
...rented a house close to work. this morning, I noticed a cat sitting at the bottom of the garden, staring at me, so I took a picture. On zooming in, it appears said cat has green frikkin lazers for eyes.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Demon cat alert. by ana (4.00 / 2) #3 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 04:37:45 PM EST
Or maybe it's the aliens come to take us away.

We must tell the "they".

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

We already know. by atreides (4.00 / 3) #4 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 05:10:36 PM EST
Did it come furnished by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 06:29:28 PM EST
with mistresses or do you have to supply those yourself?

It came furnished by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 12:26:31 AM EST
mistresses were unfortunately not an option. I did order one, but she hasn't shown up, so I might have to see if there are any grown locally

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
agreemsg by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 05:42:03 PM EST
I dislike having to plan my social schedule in order to see anybody at all.

that's been my life for three years now.

No. Fucking. Spontaneity.

:{

But that's what happens by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 06:02:42 PM EST
People don't usually live that close to friends to just drop by, or are that close of friends with co-workers. And if you have kids, it's not only your own time, but their schedules that play into it as well. I think it's called modern adulthood. Don't care much for that aspect, but there you go.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Oh, thank god I'm still 20. by mrgoat (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 06:28:56 PM EST
Seriously. Haven't ages in nine years.

--top hat--
aye by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 06:45:21 PM EST
but it's exacerbated by working and going to school simultaneously.
I wish by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 06:56:22 PM EST
there were more SAHMs in my neighborhood.  Well, the number is OK, it's just that most of them don't like white people so they won't talk to me.  Anyway, the one I'm friends with has 4 kids, so she's pretty busy even when they're in school.  Bummer.

That's what happens by gpig (2.00 / 0) #23 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 12:41:53 PM EST
It's not what we're evolved for at all, and that's why it feels so wrong.

At least, that's what I think.

On a completely unrelated note, I wish you lot lived next door.
(,   ,') -- eep

aye. by aphrael (4.00 / 2) #28 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 02:56:12 PM EST
we all need to be part of a tribe.

i wonder, sometimes, if the fact that we're not embedded in tribes is responsible for the tribalism of politics - it's like political groups become surrogates, almost, for what we've lost.

thxbut... by ana (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 09:25:30 PM EST
besides the cat, there was, uh, the mailmain for about 3 seconds a day under my roof. And the mouse the cat killed on the mat. Um... that's it. Unless you count insects and spiders.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

(Comment Deleted) by aggressive cyclist (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 04:22:14 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by aggressive cyclist

not gonna happen. by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 09:59:58 AM EST
(Comment Deleted) by aggressive cyclist (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 10:16:08 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by aggressive cyclist

Florida by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #27 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 02:51:45 PM EST
is for my parents' generation.

My generation will have its own retirement hotspots.

(Comment Deleted) by aggressive cyclist (2.00 / 0) #31 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 07:27:20 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by aggressive cyclist

Florida is the only state on Fark.com by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #30 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 05:36:21 PM EST
with its own tag. There's a really good reason for that.

Well.... by Tonatiuh (4.00 / 1) #32 Sat Oct 09, 2010 at 08:01:00 AM EST
I plan meetings with my friends weeks in advance.

Spontaneity does not work when you have lots of commitments and interests, a regular job, a mortgage, a cat ...

I think your cat is trying to tell you by tuscoops (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 06:01:47 PM EST
She wants a puppy.

I think... by ana (4.00 / 1) #14 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 09:46:29 PM EST
he would kill and eat a puppy.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Regardless of the outcome .... by gpig (2.00 / 0) #24 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 12:43:10 PM EST
.... the video of the fight would get about a billion hits on YouTube.
(,   ,') -- eep
Assuming we are both right by tuscoops (2.00 / 0) #25 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 02:15:59 PM EST
your cat is truly sick.

Well... by ana (2.00 / 0) #26 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 02:20:42 PM EST
he pacified a dominant female Jack Russell terrier and taught her that cats outrank her in the pack. That's quite an accomplishment right there. A less assertive dog might fare worse (unless it weighed 70 pounds like our other dog, who's the sweetest, most submissive dog ever, and scared the hell out of the cat.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Dogs and puppies aren't necessarily the same by tuscoops (4.00 / 1) #29 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 03:46:34 PM EST
I've witnessed several, otherwise ferocious felines lulled by the charms of a sad puppy face, even to such extent as weaning them. They still asserted dominance, but in a more parental and protective way and ended up treated them more like fellow cats than dogs when they became full grown. However, I would certainly not suggest that a puppy must potentially be sacrificed in order to see if that holds true in your case.

yeah. by clock (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 08:37:54 PM EST
just yeah.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

revise? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 10:07:55 PM EST
We're supposed to revise these NaNos?  Oh.  I'm a bit behind then. ;)

Click
Well, this last one was... by ana (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 10:09:43 PM EST
interesting enough to work on some more. Now, I'm not sure anymore.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

# Anybodywannadolunch? by bobdole (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 11:37:46 AM EST
So... Courtyard Cafeteria, in 40 minutes?

I'll be on one of the tall tables by the wall.
-- The revolution will not be televised.

And me... by ana (4.00 / 1) #22 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 11:47:41 AM EST
without my teleporter.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Life. | 32 comments (32 topical, 0 hidden)