Print Story Balls in yer court!
By dev trash (Thu Jan 07, 2010 at 09:35:17 PM EST) (all tags)
Rambles.

Called the stylist lady.  Got the machine.  Left a message.

Did laundry tonight and well, somehow I forgot to put money in the second machine so when I came back, I was confused as to why my clothes were dry.  So.  I put money in and waited 34 more minutes.

Still cold here.

Bought bacon tonight.  Bought yogurt.  Stayed away from the pizza and the ice cream.

Had a free lunch today. As a part of the healthy initiative at work, we can get a free lunch and learn something.  Today it was a gal from the gym selling us on why we should go to her gym.  The point that has me 98% sold is our key cards for work, will get us into the gym when it is 'closed'.  It's open from 4AM to 11:30PM every day.  If they have showers and the rate is down to ~20/month I'm signing up there.

I'm going to go and check it out anyway.  They're giving us a month free to work out and try it anyway.  May be just as simple to bring clothes for after work, get 45 minutes in and head home.

I'm shy though.  Meh.

Grocery was full of hotties tonight.  ANd of course there were the stand in the middle of the aisle oblivious of the world around you types.  And my favorite the family with two carts.  First cart is the one with the 'car' on the front so it's huge, and the second cart is being pushed by a kid while Mom pushes the 'car' cart and Dad is on the fucking cell phone.

Also did you know that when you go part time at work and benefits, all benefits are only offered to full timers, they really really mean it?  More on this later, if I still feel like it later.  It's not me that's going part time but someone else who claims to be okay with the losing benefits but will not shut up about losing them.

I'm getting Quiznos for the first time tomorrow.

I'm thirsty.

Anyway.  How are you?

< In which we take a moment to recall Buster Keaton. | They Call Alabama The Crimson Tide... >
Balls in yer court! | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden)
fingers crossed on the gym. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 03:15:10 AM EST
Those hours are sweet.

Just don't become one of those guys that spends hours in the gym. Everyday.

I dated a guy that lifted weights for a couple of hours every morning and a few hours every night. He didn't have energy for much else.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Did he also complain of headaches by debacle (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 09:36:34 AM EST
Or tell you that he had a long day, and that a foot rub would be great?

Is that what she tells you? by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 02:25:38 PM EST
This guy was definitely on the 'roids, but he didn't complain of headaches etc.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

We're married by debacle (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 03:25:56 PM EST
She just flat out says no.

oh no. by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #13 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 05:59:49 PM EST
an hour tops.
I won't lift weights at all.

Click
Gym by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 08:42:15 AM EST
Don't sweat the shyness. They gym is for gyming. No one pays any attention to anyone else. Everybody has their iPods and are in their own little worlds. It's like you're not even there.
just watch out for the sauna.. by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 09:03:50 AM EST

(I dislike the tune-everyone-out-put-headphones-on mindset. Unless you're on the treadmill the whole time.. Mainly because you can't hear me ask the usual "how many more sets""can I work in""borrow that dumbell" etc.)

You're far more obsessed about that than I am by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 09:09:55 AM EST
As far as the headphones go, I'm only describing what is, not what should be.
obsessed in that germaphobic way.. by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 09:18:22 AM EST
I tend go to gym dressed to work out, but when I have to put street/dress clothes on afterwards, I need to use the locker room, and I lack shower shoes and bleach.. yuk. I was better off not knowing. (Like those gross-out emails about number of maggots the USDA allows in fresh OJ, insect parts in cheese, rat droppings in pie filling, etc etc)

No shower slippers?!?!?! by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 10:10:35 AM EST
Ew ... that's just ... ew.
I fundamentally by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 11:21:20 AM EST
smell nice/neutral and rarely need to go somewhere post gym. Thus don't shower at the gym.. Thus no shower shoes. (and come/go to gym in gym clothes) Exceptions mean an easier workout (less sweat) and a wipe down/deodorant/change at the locker room (only time I go into locker room.. )

Plus, when I played beer league men's hockey, guys had wrapped their shower shoes in their towels when un-packing their bags.. nasty. Unless they're bleaching at home, that defeats the purpose.. How does one store/transport the shower shoes that doesn't validate the ick ? (with out devolving into a real neurosis here..)

feet by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 07:07:53 PM EST
My feet do not touch the floor in a locker room at all. Period. Full stop. Not in the locker room, not in the shower, not in the sauna, not by the pool. Nowhere. Part of it's because of my diabetic feet, but it's just...ew.

My gym supplies towels, so I don't have the stinky towel problem. I just shove everything back in my bag and bring them home. Pull everything out of the pack, throw the wet shirt, socks, and shorts into the hamper, take the sneakers and shower slippers out of the bag, open the water bottle and let it all dry. Easy peasy and no smell or ick.

Note by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 09:59:38 AM EST
Does not apply to gyms near retirement communities.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
yeah by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 06:01:00 PM EST
once I figure out where the equipment is located and where I get towels and where they go when done and all that I'll be fine.

Click
I don't like balls in my court. by me0w (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jan 08, 2010 at 09:29:22 AM EST

Balls in yer court! | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden)