So, last night, when I was out with R, I was driving along Western and there was an unavoidable and wide pothole. Frig! I thought. A few hundred yards later it became clear that the pothole had flattened my tire. Fortunately (hah), it was one of those that should be replaced (well, not so fortunate to the pocket book, since tire repair is cheaper than tire replacement).
I wasn't able to loosen the lug nuts myself, so I had to call somebody to do it for me ($). Fortunately, my spare was in working order.
It took a chunk out of the day, so, instead of either seeing Star Trek or some DVD, we watched an episode of Dr Who (from Genesis of the Daleks) and grabbed a bite to eat.
- AAA membership pays for itself.
- When tires need replacing, they need replacing. Not replacing them may lead to increased risk of blowout.
- I should get one of those things that plug in and loosen nuts well.
- I should also get one of those handy tools that easily breaks car windows. Just because.
- I haven't run in quite a while, focussing instead on other things. I decided to run a mile on Saturday in my shoes. I did (7:08). However, the combination of running for the first time in a while and running in the special way the shoes require has made my calves extremely sore. I'm fine with that. But I walk funny.
- I was walking around Humboldt Park and stepped on a rather large chunk of broken bottle (semicircular). It pierced my shoe and my flesh. Ouch.
I slept on the couch the last couple nights. I realize I need a bigger dresser and another small bookshelf. I was cleaning out my room a bit because the landlord was showing the place this weekend. I put a bunch of crap on my bed. I still have a bunch of crap on my bed. I didn't bother to clear it off. Having a bigger dresser and another bookshelf would help considerably. Ergo, couch time. It's not so bad. There are worse things in this world.
|< Chaos | This is NOT fucking happening... >|