Print Story I got my boobs squished yesterday!
By StackyMcRacky (Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:08:46 AM EST) (all tags)
and other assorted tales

Had my baseline mammo yesterday.  I was supposed to get it last year but I was still breastfeeding, so I waited a year.  IMO, dental X-rays are far more uncomfortable than a mammogram.  GET YOUR MAMMOGRAMS!

Every time the boy gets a runny nose, I know I'm in for trouble.  I've gone from never getting sick to being sick every couple of months.  I feel like I've been hit by a truck today.  The boy seems to be feeling better, so I'll have to keep up with him.

Dad is doing OK.  He keeps trying to do too much, and falls.  Not good.  Mom is seeing about getting help to come in a few times a week.  Since dad can't bathe himself of dress himself, he's supposed to automatically qualify for paid help by his long-term care policy.

I finished shorts for the boy last weekend.  I decorated the pockets with the silly decorative stitches on my machine.  Tee hee hee.  Today I will hem a skirt and be done with that.  Then I have a shirt to make, and then it's on to the SUPER-SEKRET PROJECT.  I'm stoked about the SSP, and will report when I've completed one.

It rains, it stops, it rains it stops.  Yay for the grass.  Boo for us.  We didn't plant the garden yet.  We're busy people.  It sucks.

The dude watches Sesame Street in longer chunks now.  He even watches the non-muppet parts.  It's really helping him with his letters and numbers.  He's picking up words left and right now.  He's a busy guy, and in to EVERYTHING!  Cabinet locks don't stop him, either.

Today is egg day.  I feel like I should stop by a store afterwords and pick up some stuff, but I feel too crappy.

Poor puppy, she's not getting a walk today.  Again, I just don't feel up to it.  She will be impossible to deal with tomorrow.

Blah.

< Of all the. . . | Gosh, is it Tuesday already? >
I got my boobs squished yesterday! | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden)
It gets worse by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:09:13 AM EST
once the little slimy mucus dripping carpet apes go to preschool, they exchange germs with all the other rugrats and bring home new and exotic infections.

Doesn't it suck that everyone can see Snuffy? I liked it when Big Bird appeared to be a hallucinating paranoid claiming to see a big monster no one else could see.

i liked that everyone else by misslake (4.00 / 1) #3 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:09:40 AM EST
seemed remarkably ok with big bird's hallucinations.

i think that was the real lesson, some people think that they know people and creatures that you can't see or that don't really exist. but that's ok.

priming youth for a life of tollerant atheism.

Yes. :-( by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:11:50 AM EST
My whole family was up most of last night do to the kid's 103 fever.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
my biggest sesame street complaint by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:16:04 AM EST
is that they shove elmo down everybody's throats so much.  i mean, 20 minutes of every show is "elmo's world?"  no thanks.

and what did they do to Cookie Monster by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Mar 31, 2009 at 03:49:13 PM EST
he's Cookies Are An Occasional Treat puppet now.

i had heard that by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Mar 31, 2009 at 03:57:05 PM EST
but i haven't seen it yet.  he eats cookies (or the letter of the day) in every episode he appears in.  i've been watching daily since January, so I've seen quite a few.

maybe people were so outraged, they stopped the "occasional treat" thing?

just to get it in before anybody else does it by bobdole (2.00 / 0) #2 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:09:19 AM EST
there's bound to be a plspstsquishedpixkthx in here somewhere

-- The revolution will not be televised.
freak! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #4 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:10:04 AM EST
i can't think of anything less sexy than squished boobs with band-aids with bb's on the nipples.

I can.... by marvin (4.00 / 2) #5 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:10:39 AM EST
Breast-reduction photos, about 2-4 weeks post-operation.

For some reason, my wife has them on the computer, and the image manager found them. Nothing like scrolling through some archived family photos and hitting that sequence.

o rly by vorheesleatherface (4.00 / 2) #7 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:13:08 AM EST

tried that... by clock (4.00 / 1) #8 Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 01:13:15 AM EST
...didn't work.  she insisted on "professionals."  but that's OK.  i still perform the daily check-up.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

My previous PCP by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Mar 31, 2009 at 03:57:42 PM EST
wanted me to start getting mammograms when I turn 35 because of my family history of reproductive cancers (mom, ovarian; grandmother (and her sister), breast; great-grandmother, fallopian tube). I turn 35 this summer, and I don't know what my current PCP will suggest. The one reason I would rather wait is that I have fibrocystic breasts, and I'm afraid they're going to look at the lumps I've had since I went through puberty and want to start biopsying stuff. Ugh. Not to be morbid about it, but if I don't die young from cancer, I'll probably die old with dementia. Six of one and all that....

To Rollins lesbians are like cuddly pandas: cute, exotic, forest-dwelling, dangerous when riled and unable to produce offspring without assistance.-CRwM
the current practice is baseline at 35 by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Mar 31, 2009 at 03:59:26 PM EST
in your shoes, i would get the baseline this summer.  your doctor knows about the fibroids, right?  they'll take that in to account while reading your results.  you can always refuse biopsies.

my friend who just finished up all her breast cancer stuff has fibroids as well, and has since she was a teenager.  one fibroid seemed "off" to her last summer, so they did a mammo.  since she didn't have a baseline to compare anything to, they did do a biopsy of the "off" one.  it turned out to be cancer, etc etc.

the point is, get the baseline.

yay super sekrit project! by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Mar 31, 2009 at 03:58:03 PM EST
hope it goes well!
---------
i've read a chunk of the book by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Mar 31, 2009 at 03:59:20 PM EST
and i think it's actually going to be easy, construction-wise.  as usual, fit will be the biggest challenge; however, i don't think it will be too difficult in this case.

i was wondering about that... by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Mar 31, 2009 at 04:00:28 PM EST
what does the book say about measurements? i'd think that'd be difficult.
---------
she has you do your own by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #17 Tue Mar 31, 2009 at 04:09:39 PM EST
since ready-to-wear has no standard.  you fill out a little included worksheet, which leads to you the right size pieces to cut out.

plus, you always make a muslin first, to check fit.

useful! by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Apr 01, 2009 at 07:29:20 PM EST
i await the results!
---------
I got my boobs squished yesterday! | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden)