Print Story Snowpocalypse 2009!
Cheese
By wiredog (Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 10:35:57 AM EST) (all tags)
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WARNING ... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THIS EVENING. THE WINTER STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM EST SUNDAY.

Note to the putz in the white Honda: The road is snowpacked, and therefore white. The snow is falling fast, cutting visibility, and turning everything white. You are driving a white car, on a white background. So TURN ON YOUR DAMN HEADLIGHTS!!!

Snowy scenes inside...

IMG_2102

Rest of the set here.

Probably going to end up with 2 feet here in NoVa. Airports are mostly shut down. Local roads becoming impassable.

People forget that this is the South. Over a foot of snow, well, just doesn't happen here, so no one is ready for it. Rough times for local merchants expecting to make some cash the weekend before Christmas.

Town's gonna be shut down until half past Tuesday.

< The white death, it falls from above | The British Museum had lost its charm >
Snowpocalypse 2009! | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden)
Here in Chester County, PA by miker2 (2.00 / 0) #1 Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 12:50:52 PM EST
we have ~7".  They're calling for at least double that by tomorrow AM.  Thank $ISG I have food, beer, and firewood.

yeah stupid me by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 04:55:03 PM EST
I thought it would be smart to wait til later to go get beer.
Now it's too late.
Odd the Poconos are supposed to get less than those in the south but then again it is a southern storm.

Click
That's a crisis! by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 05:54:40 PM EST
Are you out of liquor too?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

yes! by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 07:16:17 PM EST
I drank what was left of the vodka last night, just like 2 shots.  If that.  What was I thinking?!?!?!

Click
And here in SoCal by FlightTest (4.00 / 2) #2 Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 01:47:51 PM EST
It's 80 all-American degrees.   :P

And we're whining because the Santa Ana winds are blowing.  Hopefully they stop before the firebugs come out or we'll have a white Chrifsmas from the ash falling from the sky.

My dad got 26 inches by technician (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Dec 19, 2009 at 10:02:46 PM EST
and more still falling in SW VA.

I do miss snow. Not, like, living in it...but I wouldn't mind getting a little.

more clues for the clueless by wumpus (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Dec 21, 2009 at 08:36:03 AM EST
Please to be going more than 5mph on I95.

Wumpus

Hey by duxup (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Dec 21, 2009 at 04:25:29 PM EST
I knew about the East Coast and snow before they were popular.

____
Bah! East Coast ans Snow are so over! by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue Dec 22, 2009 at 07:50:23 AM EST
Freezing Rain, now that's the heaviness today!

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Snowpocalypse 2009! | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden)