Print Story The most important question ever.
By nightflameblue (Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 11:08:09 AM EST) (all tags)
Mrs. NFB's family has taken a stand on a cleary important issue that holds the very foundation of our world together. Unfortunately, they've taken the wrong stand. I need your help to convince them they're wrong.

So, when you're pushing a kid on a swing, and run under them throwing them up over your head, what do you call it? I'm not going to say which they're claiming and which I'm claiming so as to leave the results unbiased. Vote and we'll discuss how wrong they are afterwards.

< Notes from a small brain | Only a hobo >
The most important question ever. | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden)
WIPO by Merekat (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 11:37:33 AM EST
Asking for a headache.

It's been a while by georgeha (4.00 / 3) #2 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 11:45:12 AM EST
but I think we called them run unders.

Actually. . . by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 03:05:51 PM EST
this was one of three things we called them when I was a kid. However, none of those three things was what Mrs. NFB's family calls them.

Breaking! by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 07:33:09 PM EST
Thirteen year old says it's called underdog, she thinks.

sounds like escape goat by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 08:05:21 PM EST

I didn't know it had a name by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 03:06:24 PM EST

Child abuse. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 04:10:02 PM EST

A childhood trauma waiting to happen? by jayhawk88 (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 05:31:05 PM EST

Back when park swings were 25' tall by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 05:32:00 PM EST
not so much. Now? Probably.

Youtube links or it didn't happen by brokkr (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 05:42:40 PM EST
I can read the individual word in your description of this particular activity, but I can't make head or tails of it.
Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjalfr it sama,
ek veit einn, at aldrei deyr: dómr um dau∂an hvern.

WIPO: Underpush by johnny (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Nov 16, 2009 at 10:05:02 PM EST
For older daughter, I had to call out something like the following while executing the maneuver: "Care Bear Rainbow Bright Cabbage Patch My Little Pony Strawberry Shortcake Underpush" or else it didn't count and you had to do it again.

And you wonder why capitalist consumerism has taken over our world.

The most important question ever. | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden)