OK, some thoughts on my hole entry from yesterday now that I've had a night to sleep on it.
- That drummer needs to be beaten to death with his sticks. That riff requires the simplicity of the kick-snare that Vinny brought to it. Not the flailing of a crack fiend.
- Despite the shrug offered by Mrs. NFB in relation to this, it's still fucking MADONNA playing a fucking PANTERA tune. I mean, seriously, ain't one person in that audience that went there expecting to hear it.
- IT'S MADONNA PLAYING PANTERA!
- Next thing you know Yanni is going to be covering Slayer.
- Mrs. NFB is not amused by my reaction to this. In fact, she's all offended by it. Which is odd, because I didn't say it's a bad thing. I'm not one of the "burn the fucking heathen" people. It's just like watching two very different worlds come smashing together in front of you. Maybe you like aspects of both of those worlds, but that still doesn't mean you were expecting to see them at the same time.
- Madonna has one hell of a metalz stance. Something tells me she spent some mirror time practicing that shit.
- Currently waiting for the next Madonna tour to be announced.
Hopelessly devoted to (shut up)
Surprised by the evenings writings yet again. She took him to a blues club and had a dedication made to him from the stage. Which didn't come out the way she wanted. Which caused her to have a complete breakdown. This after a day at an amusement park together where she ended up throwing up after too intense of a ride.
Things just didn't turn out well for her that day. And she tried so hard.
"Would it bother you if I came in for a little while?"
"It might bother me if you didn't."
So, I have an email waiting when I get here. It's a forward from $stupid_user_#1. In it is a list of web sites twenty-five miles long. She says, and I quote, "it is my understanding that the lower site in this list is blocked. Could you open it for me?"
Now, no big deal. Except, all they have to do is GO TO the site to SEE if it's blocked and FILL IN the little form that pops up that says what their IP is, what web site they were attempting to go to, and all the details I need to actually open the site for them.
It wouldn't be a big deal but the bossmonkey has been sitting on my request to open the world to everybody since we finally have legitimate web usage reports because, well, I have no idea why because that's what he's wanted for several months now. He's got it, and all it needs is a head nod of approval.
BTW, that site $stupid_user_#1 wants open? It's been open for about three months.
Oh, and on top of that Zippy comes and asks how difficult it would be to move $print_service to $new_printer. So I ask for specifics and he has none. Come to find out he's set up a new printer in the plant, but NOT set it up to be shared on the network so the servers can't print anything to it. The users are BITCHING UP A STORM about it, since that's why they wanted it. And his excuse to them was, "NFB needs to look at this and set it up." He's been handing them that excuse for three days and not told ANYONE about it. And I can't set it up because he hasn't finished doing his part. Clicking that little sharing tab is really difficult for him, you know? It's got all those options, and words, and things that bother him and stuff.
This within five minutes of being in the door. It's gonna be a great day.
We are who they thought we were
Forgot to mention previously that the Cardinals game last Sunday had the single greatest fan-shot on camera of all fucking time.
Cards up, shit's flying, camera hits crowd. Big white cardstock sign with huge black and red letters that say, "WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE."
I laughed for about five minutes.
Denny Greene - he may suck, but he knows how to throw a fit that makes an impression.
|< Two | Medical Suspense And Review >|