Print Story Drama everywhere.
By nightflameblue (Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 05:41:37 AM EST) (all tags)
Thank goodness it's (mostly) not my own.

DRAMA! Puppers! Weekend. Work. Meet some of the kids upstairs.

AFKS's sister-in-law can't hold a job, and is broke, and is likely getting tossed from her house this month.

AFKS's dad is losing his mind. Currently in his early months of his third or forth divorce (I don't know, I lost track in his case), he won't leave his ex alone. No, I mean, calls her five times every ten minutes won't leave her alone. She's now regretting telling him she doesn't mind keeping in touch and is considering a restraining order. Unfortunately, he's so addled she's not sure it'd do any good.

MSSS's tale of self-propelled misery and angst.

Dad's marriage appears to be in yet another free-fall as his current wife can't have any negativity present at all. I mean, he so much as says he doesn't care for a meal that her daughter likes and it's "you don't love me. You've never loved me. You hate me. I can't be with you!"

My extended family on Dad's side is currently going through a holy war over who's going to host Easter because the guy that used to host Easter every year has his own house again for the first time in a decade, but the person who took over hosting Easter after he moved onto his ocean-going sailboat doesn't want to give up that par-tay.

Gramps on mom's side is due for an experimental brain surgery sometime in the coming year and it's got him down. This is the only one that has any affect on me personally because, god damn it all anyway he's the only relative I've got on that side that's older than me that isn't a raging asshole. Grandma could barely hold it together at the best of times, and Gramps is her crutch. With him fallen on hard times, she's a basket case. All of her drama aside, it's tough to deal with what could go down with Gramps. It's sort of a make or break deal. This surgery will either alleviate a lot of his Parkinson's symptoms, or he just won't ever wake up from it. And that sucks a lot. A whole lot. What sucks worse is Grandma trying to turn it into a "what about me?" thing. He needs strength and patience right now, not some raging lunatic screaming in his ear about how important she should be to him in his own time of need.

I will be there when he needs me, whether he asks me to or not. Because he was there for me more times than I deserved. And I'll hold her back and tell her to behave herself, because I'm the only person in the family who isn't afraid of her and her crazy tirades. Others tell her to settle and she flies off the handle and they back down. I tell her to settle and she mumbles and sits down because she knows when it comes to bringing the crazy, going up against me is NOT a good idea.

As I said, I'll be there for him. I'll comfort her if that's what's needed, and restrain her when that's necessary.

Mom claims she just can't get enough time to go down there for her dad's surgery. She works out of the home keeping her husband's paperwork for his insurance business. He did that by himself for years before they were together. He could manage.

The selfish doesn't fall far from the tree. I need to have a little chat with her before plans become set in stone on this surgery schedule.

Grandpa came and lived with Mom for almost six months after her divorce from Dad. I think she can manage the week to two weeks necessary to help him through his early surgery recovery. Or at least be there if the worst happens.

Outside of that, things aren't bad. That's a big one, but he'll either improve or be done with it soon. And that's better than this constant downhill slide he's been on over the past few years.

Fuck Parkinson's. You, and your pal Cancer who took my other Grandpa, fuck off.

Sorry, it needed said.

BREAK

Mrs. NFB's brother has a new pup as of about a month ago or so. They'll be bringing him over to meet our pups this weekend. They say he gets along famously with other dogs. He loves other pups and likes to play and run with them. Our dogs like to run a lot too, and are fairly social in the right setting. Their own back yard is usually a pretty good setting. So, Saturday afternoon will be interesting to see. The last pup to come visit them was old and decrepit and couldn't keep up with them. This guy's younger than them by several years and still mostly puppy. Here's to looking forward to worn out dogs Saturday night!

BREAK

This weekend Mrs. NFB wants to get out of the house for a while. More than our standard hit at the Mongolian place and then grocery shopping. I suggested a movie but she seemed real unhappy with that. So, I'm not sure what we're gonna be doing, but we're gonna be doing something. 'Cause, "I just need to get the hell out of this house!"

To quote a certain philosophical character, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLRIGHT-TAY THEN!"

BREAK

The boys we opened up the web filter for yesterday so they could get their scores and update their brackets all day long? We caught them in the crapateria with one of the TVs locked on to the sports channels three times yesterday. Once at around 11:30, once around 1:30, and again around 3:30. But, they're not going to spend too much time worrying about that March Madness thing. Just a couple checks a day.

Can't wait to check the web logs on Monday. I'm betting it's a permanent stream from the moment the filter opens until the moment it shuts down, except for the times they're in the crapateria checking the TV.

w00t.

BREAK

Faces obscured to protect the self-proclaimed short-bus riders. Remember folks, they did this on purpose. There were many more pictures, but I felt this one capture the true spirit of "kids upstairs" about the best of any of them.

If only there were a way to retain the smug smiles they had on without showing their faces.

< "Iikagen-ni-shiro!" | The luck of the Irish eludes me at the annual Saint Patrick's Day parade >
Drama everywhere. | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden)
I suppose I should have added. . . by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 05:44:09 AM EST
those pictures from the kids? They put them all into an email which they then sent to FunhouseAll.

Zubu pants? That man needs someone by MartiniPhilosopher (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:08:54 AM EST
to hit him with a fashion stick. Hard. Just wow.

Friends of ours like to bring their dogs over for the sunday night gaming and our Lab loves having them around. The only thing is that Jazz forgets he is about five times the size of the one that likes to tussle with him who is a half Lab, half Corgi. We try not think about how that happened...

Anyways, Jazz and Cannon will get into tugging matches and Cannon will get flung up and off the floor sometimes. The dog is tough, don't get me wrong, but we've watched Jazz twist far and fast enough to send Cannon into a barrel roll. It was both very awesome and frightening at the same time.

We've got a half lab/half rat-terrier. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:33:33 AM EST
So we get a lot of "how'd that happen" type questions.

We're hoping the size difference isn't big enough to cause problems. We've heard he's not real bright when it comes to playing with big dogs. He's about half the size of our labs, and will run up to full-sized newfies and try to start some shit. Mostly play-shit, but newfies are scary when they think someone's after them. So far he's been lucky in only going after good-natured dogs. Ours won't cause any harm to him intentionally, but when Pup2 thinks she's cornered she can pull out the terrier terror and turn into a little fighter.

I doubt that'll happen with their dog, but we'll be watching them pretty close for a little while.

ObCan I have the number of the woman on the left? by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:14:58 AM EST
Wait. Let me guess. That's the missus.

Whose missus? by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:35:04 AM EST
She is married, but unrelated to me. She's also scary-crazy. Hot, but you'd definitely not want to hit it cause of the crazy.

Hmmm.... by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:39:18 AM EST
You really did marry the first gal you were biblical with, didn't you?

Um, no. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 3) #10 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:45:13 AM EST
I've hit crazy in the past, believe me. Which is why it's nice to be with someone that's aware of her own crazy enough to keep it in check and warn me before it gets out of hand.

I think it was the by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 12:29:08 PM EST
Married, but not related to me, which ammoniacal (deliberately mis)read as you being a blood relative of your wife's.

Dude, my track record shows by greyrat (4.00 / 3) #9 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:42:34 AM EST
I hit nothing but crazy.

Camouflage Friday? by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:34:32 AM EST
That's a fairly progressive dress code, I'd say.

Special Kid's Saturday. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:36:40 AM EST
You should see some of the other outfits. These were fairly conservatively dressed compared to some. But I thought the sign being held crooked-upside-down was more appropriate than the ones where it was right-side-up.

Which one's Zippy? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:49:32 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

These are the kids upstairs. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:53:22 AM EST
The ones that even Zippy mocks.

Hmmm. Is there a playbill by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 07:02:49 AM EST
Listing the actors and understudies?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Not really. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 07:44:15 AM EST
You just need to pay attention.

But, for purposes of this:

Kids upstairs - customer service.

Zippy - annoying twit who works IT and seems to not understand that means more than playing hearts and downloading online content day-in and day-out.

Drama everywhere. | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden)