Print Story Cookie Fun Challenge?
Food
By ObviousTroll (Sat Nov 22, 2008 at 12:26:30 PM EST) (all tags)
In a previous diary, Sasquatchan and I talked about setting up a cookie exchange for the holidays.

Any interest?

There seem to be two possible models. My idea was that we'd do some sort of "secret santa" deal where each person was given a name and had to send that person 3 dozen cookies.

Dr. K's idea was to have everyone send me their cookies, in a reusable container and with return postage - and I would make up assortments to return to everyone who participated.

I'm willing to do it either way, but for the second approach we might want to do two groups - one of North America and one for Europe. What do you think? We'd have to start soon.
< MLP: 'European population structure with 300K SNPs and 6,000 individuals' | Pants >
Cookie Fun Challenge? | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden)
I too would like cookies mailed to me by marvin (2.00 / 0) #1 Sat Nov 22, 2008 at 12:53:52 PM EST
And small unmarked bills will suffice for the return postage.

Sounds like fun, and I think it is very kind of you to offer to do the work. Does anyone know how hard is it to mail food across the Canuckistan / USia border? Having to deal with customs would suck all the fun out of the cookies.

Not sure I'll be in, as I usually don't bake until the last few weeks before Christmas. I also have great difficulty parting with my cookies, and they don't usually last long enough to send anywhere.

I'm worried about teh customs thing, too. by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Nov 22, 2008 at 02:26:05 PM EST
But as far as waiting goes - there are only 4 weekends left before Christmas.... I figured 1 week to get things rolling, give everyone till the 13th to get the cookies to me (assuming we do that approach) and send them on the 15th, so they would be 10 days to ensure they got to their destination.

Dear User: Please replace this text with a witty or insightful saying before using this software.
So my magic by wilsley (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Nov 22, 2008 at 03:16:42 PM EST
cookies will be an issue you say?

I'm slow tonight by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Nov 22, 2008 at 03:45:52 PM EST
Are we talking magic bar cookies, with the coconut and the chocolate chips and stuff like that?

chocolate chips, thc and stuff by wilsley (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Nov 22, 2008 at 10:14:28 PM EST

Magic 8 ball says by marvin (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun Nov 23, 2008 at 07:42:14 AM EST
Outlook unclear.

They don't say enough to be useful, and say just enough to dissuade me from wanting to have to deal with them.

Hide them in a brick of pot by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Nov 22, 2008 at 04:00:57 PM EST
to the dogs don't eat them.

Hey now. by marvin (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Nov 22, 2008 at 05:32:10 PM EST
Greener is the one from Nelson. I'm from the Okanagan.

No drugs here. Nope. None whatsoever.

I could get excited about this. by LoppEar (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Nov 22, 2008 at 05:47:20 PM EST
warning, I haven't made cookies in years.

of course I'm in by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun Nov 23, 2008 at 09:15:40 AM EST
break out the kitchen aid and all that.. I'm good either way, secret santa or single origin. Secret Santa might be easier, but I'm game..

Cookie Fun Challenge? | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden)