- Largely disappointed with the latest nin offering, especially relative to the rabid fervour the marketing machines have been kicking up about it. Things do improve after the mediocre start, just like on the last one. I'd suggest starting at track 12, though that might not be enough time for the CD to change colour.
- Yay! So I managed to get SubVersion into an unrecoverable state. I forget exactly how, but it did involve deleting, renaming, moving whole swathes of checked out code - you know, the kind of stuff it's supposed to be good at. And who in this day and age can't code a version control system that is able to handle recursive directory deletions. Sheesh! At least with good old CVS you could hack the entries yourself if things started to get awry. If you knew what you're doing. There then occured a couple of hours of reapplying changes against a fresh checkout. I will never get those hours back. I blame canada.
- Apparently its Mother's Day in some parts of the world soon. This is news. Ah well, something else to apologise for I guess. Though I was surprised to learn that Father's Day is celebrated at different times in different places. Wiki peed here
- So far removed from entities of only ten weeks previously, still aching and with a mood dulled by routine. Feel about to cross the black/white line and afraid of the mayhem that brings. Living with ghosts, and learning to live as a ghost. Bored and aging again.
- Yadda Yadda Yadda Global Warming BlaBlaBla. Yes, we knew about this years ago. Depletion of natural resources for even longer. If it takes that length of time for this stupid monkey clan to nod heads in a synchronised manner, you're screwed - so enjoy the flood, idiots. And by the way, your children are stupider than you. Everything else is happy happy joy joy. Later today I plan a walk in the sunshine to congratulate and reward myself for my hubris and apathy.
- Finding and organising musicians in this part of this sorry world is like herding cats. Doesn't anybody wanna make some good meow-sic? You know, something other than the six hundred thousand Coldplay/GreenDay/Nickelback clones out there. Yawn. Yes, I know C, G and N are far from original. And the Artic Monkeys suck, deep in your heart you know it. Yes, you do.
|< MFC XI | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|