Print Story Hello.
By nightflameblue (Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:22:29 AM EST) (all tags)

Long time lurker here. Seems like such a friendly little place I thought I'd join in.

OK, so really I've been lurking for ages and decided to sign up because my wife just bought me an awesome new camera and I have all sorts of ideas brewing in my head for the photo-fun-challenge. Now all I have to do is narrow it down to one.

So, it's been a crazy year and I always get all misty and reminiscent in late December, so here's a quick review:

• Boring first part of the year.
  • Went to WAY too many damn movies this summer. Can't remember most of them.
  • Got two new KITTAHS in the house. Cute little devils.
  • Stumbled our way into a substantial amount of money and somehow managed to prevent ourselves from spending it all.
  • And yeah, that's about it.

So, as you can see I have MASSIVELY exciting life. Which would explain why I usually lurk and don't post.

So, what about me? I'm an IT worker that feels like he pretty much bumbled his way into his job and manages to somehow accomplish what needs to be accomplished without any significant training whatsoever. I'm paid so-so, but like most IT workers feel I should probably be getting just a shade more than I get, even if I am a hack.

My parents divorced long after it should have mattered to me but a funny thing happened. I ended up closer with both of them afterwards. At least, until Mom married that chud she married. Strange guy. Good to her, and that's good, but off a little. I still remember her saying to me, "Well, there's this one guy that's really great looking and a lot of fun, then there's this other guy with a lot of money and he's really stable, but he's kind of odd." Dad married the girl he'd tramped around with behind mom's back and, oddly, I get along OK with her when I'm not thinking, "you home-wrecker." Being who I am, I really tend not to think that very often. Usually I just think my dad's a pud and get on with life.

I had some really weird, near religious experience at a concert a few weeks back and it totally re-kindled my love for one of my great passions - guitar. Strange thing about the concert: you'd either have never heard of them, or you've heard of them and think it's a stupid concept that needs to die. Unless you saw them live. Then you'd realize that Dethklok truly are the greatest metal band of all time. And that there are few things better in this world than three thousand people throwing metal fists in the air chanting "MUSTAH KRAKISH" over and over again.

If anybody out there would be interested I did do a full concert review I could edit and slap up here, but I'd hate to clutter the page with something that would only be read by me. For now, let's just say it was awesome and hanging out with the band afterwards was the highlight of this old metalhead's metal history. (FWIW, Gene Hoglan is still awesome. Yes THAT Gene Hoglan. About as personable a guy as you'll ever meet on the metal scene.)

So, I've been known to play guitar. I take pictures. I even do that bicycling thing from time to time, when life doesn't get in the way and there isn't twenty-five feet of snow and ice on the road.

So that's me and my year. Nice to meet you.

< fucked up dreaming | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Hello. | 40 comments (40 topical, 0 hidden)
wow by gzt (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:30:26 AM EST
somebody else who uses the word "pud". I figure we'll get along famously.

Hi, and welcome. by hulver (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:33:25 AM EST
We seem friendly, but some of us can bite.

Guitar, photography, cycling. Sounds like you'll fit right in.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

only when trolled, hurr by webwench (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 07:25:54 AM EST
welcome, newbie

Getting more attention than you since 1998.

Hello by moonvine (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:39:03 AM EST
Hi

Hmmmm by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 2) #4 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 06:58:33 AM EST
You sure you're a newbie here? You remind me of someone who used to post here a few years back...

On a completely unrelated note - did you happen to catch the Transformers movie?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

What? by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 08:13:51 AM EST
There was a Transformers movie?

I'm so fucking slow. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #39 Mon Jan 14, 2008 at 11:04:45 AM EST

welcome, and um by R343L (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 07:26:56 AM EST
Had you noticed that most of us really aren't that interesting? Or rather, if you remove all the stuff that is clearly entertaining elaboration on reality (looking furiously at MNS here for a minute), it's like cooking, kittens, cars, and guitars. Seriously. Occasional divorces and such like, but is that really that interesting?

So, yeah, it feels like boring shit? Go ahead and post it anyway. You'll fit right in!

Also, I may fall into agreeing with Bob's notions.

Wait, what? by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #29 Fri Dec 21, 2007 at 10:28:16 AM EST

Not that I feel the slightest inkling of anything remotely similar to guilt, but what did I do here?

I think he said you were awesome. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #30 Fri Dec 21, 2007 at 10:32:41 AM EST
He just flowered it up a bit.

She by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #35 Sun Dec 23, 2007 at 06:15:45 AM EST
She's a she.  A smokin hot she.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Oops. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #36 Sun Dec 23, 2007 at 12:46:00 PM EST
Apologies to the she.  Tough to tell online, especially when you only pay so-so attention at any given moment.

oh, it's just by R343L (2.00 / 0) #31 Fri Dec 21, 2007 at 10:34:56 AM EST
You're this quite nice guy whenever we all meet for drinks, and then there are these diaries written like it's A Mission and the world (and everyone in it) is Your Target. I've always thought they were ever-so-slightly embroidered as regards your fierce  man (and woman) hating lifestyle. But entertaining, so I let it slide. :)

Aha, but it IS A Mission by Horatio Hellpop (2.00 / 0) #34 Fri Dec 21, 2007 at 05:48:48 PM EST
and we all ARE The Target*.

* Target is a Registered Trademark of Target Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"You can't really know something until you ruin it for everyone." -some guy who used to have an account here

i feel a tremor in the force... by clock (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 07:32:29 AM EST
...i've not felt since i was in the presence of...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Heh! by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 08:09:11 AM EST
tremors in the force of such a nature would be greatly welcomed by people such as myself.

w0rd! by clock (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 08:14:48 AM EST
n/t

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

amen! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #27 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 03:12:31 PM EST
I miss such tremors.

That's just gas. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 2) #11 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 08:18:25 AM EST
I hear that's expensive these days.

could be... by clock (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 08:36:21 AM EST
...some of the food down here doesn't agree with me at all...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

egil by discordia (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 08:21:19 AM EST
pruf

Not necessarily by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #13 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 08:31:04 AM EST
egil's too simple to find a different ip address, I assume if this was from egil's Ip address it would be deleted.

I'm leaning towards a long time poster returning under a different name.

all that dark metal crap is totally egil by discordia (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 08:44:51 AM EST

egil never mentioned playing a guitar by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 08:49:36 AM EST

I assumed that was a lie by discordia (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:06:05 AM EST
and a MFC-angle

Naw, I'm 95% convinced it's not egil by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:10:45 AM EST
egil would need immense help to pull this off and get the corresponding details right.

Really? by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:12:17 AM EST
He almost had me convinced.

BTW by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:12:54 AM EST
What's an 'egil?'

A boring k5 crapflooder by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #23 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:19:56 AM EST
lately posting as Hiphopsomething or other.

He's so boring that while he's an old school chum of cbb's, he never made it into his stories.

He tries to troll here, but gets spotted after a few posts.

He claims to like Norwegian death metal, stuff like Amon Amaarth.

Welcome back.

Well, for what little it's worth. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #24 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:23:59 AM EST

Amon Amaarth kind of makes me gag, but who am I to judge shitty guitar playing? I play shitty myself, so meh.

You still have the swirrly plates? by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #26 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:30:13 AM EST
Weren't you working on a CD at one point?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

No kidding? by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 2) #25 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:27:31 AM EST
egil was a school chum of CBB???? I must have missed that.

Boy - that's ironic - he's kind of like the antiCBB.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Aye by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:17:30 AM EST
It could be done, anyone with the free time to do the research could have waited a while then created the new account then dropped all sorts of clues in an effort to trick us, but I'm betting against it here.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Oh no by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #20 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 09:12:51 AM EST
This is not egil.

You know how sometimes someone commits a crime, and they leave all sorts of clues behind because sub-consciously they really want to get caught?

Well... QED.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

HuSi is a nice place to post by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #28 Thu Dec 20, 2007 at 03:14:45 PM EST
now that DU is gone.

welcome!!!! (back)

thanks to mns by garlic (2.00 / 0) #40 Mon Jan 14, 2008 at 11:07:30 AM EST
that dude was alright.

\m/ TRANSFORMERS \m/ by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #32 Fri Dec 21, 2007 at 10:37:29 AM EST

If you know what I mean.

Metal? by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #33 Fri Dec 21, 2007 at 10:51:27 AM EST
Metal fists + large metallic beings from the era of twoo metahl = rockin' out?

Thunder................. by TPD (2.00 / 0) #37 Mon Dec 24, 2007 at 03:24:26 AM EST
Horse

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
RIDE! by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #38 Mon Dec 24, 2007 at 05:26:15 AM EST

REVENGE!

Hello. | 40 comments (40 topical, 0 hidden)