Print Story Photo Wednesday: Cathedral
Photos
By stark (Tue Aug 01, 2006 at 11:36:50 PM EST) photos, photo of the day (all tags)
The interior of one of the cathedrals in Barcelona. I forget which one...

Cathedral
< CFC2: Vote! | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Photo Wednesday: Cathedral | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)
Great photo by TPD (4.00 / 5) #1 Wed Aug 02, 2006 at 12:03:19 AM EST
but why is it as soon as I look at a photo like that my brain starts scaning for the camper with a rail-gun?

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
It's almost certainly computer generated. by edward (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Aug 02, 2006 at 12:45:32 AM EST
Either that, or it's an HDR image. Those are hard to stomach.

Believe me by stark (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Aug 02, 2006 at 02:18:26 AM EST
With my skill level at 3D design work, it's quicker to fly out to Barcelona and actually take the photo.

No HDR, but some work with curves in Photoshop to ensure that the windows aren't too blown out while still having some nice interior light.
U.S. Patent 5443036 concerns a device for encouraging a cat to exercise by chasing a light spot.

Would like to know shutter speed, film speed, and by edward (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Aug 02, 2006 at 02:22:27 AM EST
aperture size.

Is that because you don't believe me? by stark (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Aug 02, 2006 at 02:28:46 AM EST
Check it out.
No, I believe you. by edward (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Aug 02, 2006 at 02:57:28 AM EST
But I guess the fact that you photoshopped the colours means that I have no idea what the actual picture looks like. Would you be willing to send me the RAW file from the camera?

Heh :-) by stark (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Aug 02, 2006 at 12:56:07 PM EST
So here we go with a before and after:

Before:

Before

and After:

After

As you can probably tell, looks like I made sure the horizon was level (I think I had to rest the camera on a pew), did a tiny bit of cropping, adjusted the curves to make it a bit lighter, then slapped up the saturation in a very unsubtle fashion.

I know I should really shoot in RAW, but frankly my PC is so slow and crappy that dealing with RAW files makes me want to chew my leg off, not to mention the disk space requirements. To be fair, I always preserve the original JPG file, and save edits elsewhere.

Heh by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Aug 02, 2006 at 01:00:50 AM EST
Now you say it, it's very Quake III

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Photo Wednesday: Cathedral | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)