- I hear tell on the radio today that this Zacharius Zarquowie bloke is going to be in solitary confinement for 23 hours a day, and the one hour they let him out for excersize he will be sans human contact. I don't know, I mean, he's a bad dude, but isn't that rather cruel? I'm of the mind that we should buy some big ol island out in the south pacific and just drop all bad-assed prisoners on the island to fend for themselves. It would be a fascinating study to see what sort of community comes out of that, or if they all just end up killing each other. Either way it's up to them and we can just wash our hands of them all.
- I watched the hit movie Mystic River last night. I had no idea what it was about but saw Kevin Bacon was in it so I figured maybe it was a light-hearted film about some guy who tries to outlaw dancing and Kevin comes into towne and saves the day by arresting him, along with all sorts of related hijinx that goes along with a premise like that. Well, let me be clear that it wasn't anything at all like that. It's not a bad movie, no sir, but it just misses. Just misses that thaaaaat much. The acting was superb all the way around but the plot tries to do too much and in the end is rather predictable. Still, it is entertaining, if a bit on the heavy side, so I give it 8420/10000.
- I'm on day 2247 of my 30 day evaluation period for Paint Shop Pro. I just can't seem to make up my mind on this one.
- Lunch today was a BBQ chicken breast stemmitch with some crappy 1% cottage cheese. And a big tub of water to wash it all down with. Lets face it, this 1% cottage cheese stuff isn't cutting it. I need to find some low-fat alternative. Plus it's downright emasculating to buy 1% diary items at the grocery store. Might as well wear a god damned dress and sing show tunes while skipping up and down the food isles.
- Speaking of cholesterol, I'm getting mixed reviews on fish oil and it's ability to lower cholesterol. You can't trust any site that's selling fish oil to tell you the truth, and some of the medical studies seem to indicate that it may lower the levels, but that's about it. I guess I'll ask the good Doctor Bombay when I see her in June.
|< just a quick one | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|