we have come up with quite a number of ideas for potential mfcs and have had difficulty deciding which would RTFO the most. then, inspired by blixco's deadline poll in the last mfc, it occurred to us: what could be more in the spirit of the MFC than letting the participants (and audience) choose the theme?
so we have outlined a series of MFC themes below. please vote in the poll for whichever theme(s) you would most like to see used in MFC 5. Voting will close at precisely 5pm EST Tuesday April 11th (for choosing the theme). At that time the theme will be locked and it will be time to begin RTFOing. for entirely selfish reasons, the deadline of the MFC itself will not be put to vote. MFC 5 (theme unknown) will be open for entries up until 5pm EST on Friday April 28th, thus allowing the maximum time to RTFO while ensuring that all entries will be completed in time to go on the 606 party playlist.
all right, here it goes:
1. MFC 5: the H5N1 charity album - a selection of songs about, or inspired by, the bird flu. all proceeds to go to the bird flu, if we can figure out where it does its banking.
2. MFC 5: CheeseburgerBrown - the soundtrack - music from, and inspired by, CheeseburgerBrown: The Broadway Musical featuring the hit single "My Wife's Rack".
3. MFC 5: Meta-MFC - covers and interpretations of previous MFC entries or music from the wider portfolios of our talented HuSi musicians. Alternately, set someone's diary to music.
4. MFC 5: TV theme songs - either direct covers, radical reinterpretations or original lyrics to the theme of your favorite (or least favorite) TV show.
5. MFC 5: Lyrical Variations - we provide the lyrics (maybe a whole song, maybe just a few words), you go to town.
6. MFC 5: Fuck You Debacle - All MFC entries as covers of the Titanic theme.
7. MFC 5: Waltzing MFCtilda - all entries to be waltzes. this is not as limiting as you may at first think.
8. MFC 5: But We Like The Artist-Based MFCs MFC - ok then, MISFITS MFC!
|< I did a silly thing yesterday | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|