- TAKE ME OUT TO THE FRIGGIN BALLGAME!! Yes, it's Opening Day here in Clevia, against those lousy rotten stinking smelly girlie-men Twins. Ptooey on the Twins I say. Ptooey. Of course the game is slated to start at 3:05 and it's supposed to rain mostly all day, so God may have his reasons for not wanting the game to happen. I'm thinking this may be a good time for us to all hold imaginary hands and pray:
Dear God, if you exist, please to let it not rain in Clevia today and please to make it so the Tribetm beats the living crap out of those evil spawn of Satan Twins. Hallelujah!! Maybe, if it be your will, some of the Twins can suffer savage career ending injuries too. Also, maybe you can give Bob Abooey's stock portfolio a little boost too. Amen.
- I don't know how this can be a surprise to anyone except maybe the true hardcore head-in-the-sand Jesus Freaktm Bush fanboy. These guys are just as phony as any other politician that's run for office, and maybe more so in some areas. History will not smile on these retards, mark my words. With any luck the Dems will be able to seize on the crumbling GOP empire and make this a two partay system again, although I'm not holding my breath on that one issue.
- Right. I'm off to the commissary for a hot cup of joetm with loads of the mondo flavoured Amaretto coffee "creamer" dumped in it. Sure, it's nothing more than sugar all dressed up in it's Sunday best, but you can't deny that when it comes to faux flavours Amaretto rates right up there near the top.
- Today for lunch, to celebrate OPENING DAY, I'm going to eat a giant heaping helping of Rigatoni from the local sub shop place, cause rigatoni is the official food of Major League Baseball. Of course that comes with a side salad and a toasted garlic roll on the side. The lunch of champions! As it stands now I'm out of Runts and have no plans to get more, but if I get weak by the time 12:30 rolls around I can't really say what might happen.
- I watched We Were Soldiers last night. It was okay I guess, but I'm thinking I really need to read the book to get the real story. That said, graphically it was pretty good, as far as war movies go. Lots of slow-mo shots of guys getting their heads blowd off and whatnot, not really for the squeamish that's for sure. All told it falls short in a way I can't quite put my finger on, maybe it's Mel Gibson that I had a problem with, even though he does a decent job in it. Anyways, it's not horrible and I give it a 8811/10000.
|< The Men's Guide. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >|