Print Story I’ve been livin’ in fast forward
Marriage
By FlightTest (Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 11:03:57 AM EST) (all tags)
Hillbilly rock star, outta control.

Mostly snippets on Mrs. FT, as I’m incredibly boring.

Boobie Exam

Mrs. FT got her tit in a wringer Monday (13 March). I'm fast approaching the age where I get the magic finger more often, so I'm not quite as sympathetic as I used to be. Unfortunately, her previous insurance company seems to have lost all her prior films, the fuckers. Due to Mrs. FT having dense tissue, this is more than slightly annoying as it leaves no baseline for comparison.

Job

Mrs. FT has got a new job. Administrative Assistant to the owner of a children's therapy office. They do speech, behavioral, and other therapy for children. This will be a more managerial position for her, a definite change (and improvement) from her current position. She gave notice today and they took it well. Also, her commute goes from 5 miles to 3 miles. She's not replacing anyone, the business is growing and the owner needs an assistant. She'll be working closely with the current office manager, who has been with the owner for like seven years. The owner commented in her interview that Mrs. FT and the office manager have very similar personalities and ideas so it looks like this will be an excellent position for her.

School

Mrs. FT saw a school counselor Monday as well. She has enough credits to get a liberal arts AA, so she'll be applying for that soon, although she's missed the cutoff for degree award this semester. Currently the plan is to take the last class she needs to max out her transferable (to a 4-year college) units, and take business classes to also get an AA in business administration. Then, she doesn't know for sure. She's still going back and forth between teaching and business. Perhaps the new job will help her make the decision - if the kid contact is high enough, she may forgo the teaching.

Adoption

We have a first meeting with a caseworker on Fritag, 24 March. For some reason, Mrs. FT is stressing out that they might find some reason to reject us. The only possible issue I could imagine they'd have is financial. But, if that become an issue, my father has already agreed to give them whatever information they need to demonstrate he could more than adequately cover our bills and theirs. Given the facts that we want an older child, and that there is a high 'older children' to 'parents who will adopt older children' ratio, I think they'll do whatever they can to get us qualified.

Lurking

It feels like I haven't been commenting here much. I do read, and I've probably composed and not posted close to as many comments as I've posted, mostly because my comments all seem banal to me.

Work

Sucks. I continue to send resumes into what seems to be a black hole. See, banal, just like I said.

School

I did get the student pricing for ANSYS, so I've spent some time teaching myself the basics. The tutorials are cool, if somewhat limited, but I don't think we're going to be doing anything very exotic in this class anyway.

Airplane

I took the RNAV back in, haven't heard from the shop yet. Since it's now basically an intermittent problem, it may take a while for them to find it. They wouldn't touch the self-contained VOR/LOC/GS head my mechanic gave me though. Apparently Narco isn't very nice to repair shops. I really just need someone who can test it to see if it even works before we go to all the work to install it. I may end up having to send it to Narco, I suppose I should find out what they charge just to look at it. Plus of course the cost of shipping it to PA and back, and the danger of postal destruction along the way.

Life is short, fly fast!
< What the ... | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I’ve been livin’ in fast forward | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden)
Hooray for Mrs. FT by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 11:12:01 AM EST
a 3 mile commute only takes what, half an hour? Just kidding.

It does sound like a better opportunity.

You laugh by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 11:21:57 AM EST
My commute is 15 miles. It takes me an hour. I think "The O.C." should be changed to "The U.C." for "under construction".

Fortunately, Mrs. FT's new job is just around the corner and down the street, and as of now, there is no construction between here and there. I think we're going to trade cars weekly so as to not have one never going anywhere.

A Composed Banal Comment by CheeseburgerBrown (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 11:16:30 AM EST
...without any real content, but warm wishes and so on.

I posted anyway.

Point taken by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 11:30:58 AM EST

And I thank you for commenting.

I can understand the Mrs' worrying. by calla (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 11:54:48 AM EST
It's hard when any agency digs through your life. You never know what they'll find acceptable.

Good luck.

They can dig all they want by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 12:22:32 PM EST
Our lives are B-O-R-I-N-G. Neither of us has had so much as a traffic ticket in the last 10 years. Maybe they'll object to that, that we'll bore the poor kid to death.

yeah but by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 07:09:53 PM EST
you have me. you're obviously insane. =)
Send me to Austria!
Nuh-uh by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 08:10:01 PM EST
You = awesome. Adopting you shows good judgment on our part, we know a good thing when we see it.

woo by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Mar 15, 2006 at 03:19:45 AM EST
and i turned out better because of you, so you=awesome as well.
Send me to Austria!
I'm just lazy by Mrs FlightTest (4.00 / 2) #9 Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 08:17:11 PM EST
hubby claims:
Mostly snippets on Mrs. FT, as I’m incredibly boring.
The fact of the matter is we are both boring, I just happen to be lazy on top of it.

I will post a diary again sometime within the next decade... I promise.
Not that anyone cares or will read it, but still.

Wheeee...Flyin' is Fun!!

I'll read it!! [n/t] by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 08:23:17 PM EST

awwww by Mrs FlightTest (4.00 / 2) #11 Tue Mar 14, 2006 at 08:32:34 PM EST
my hunny, how I do love you. (:

Wheeee...Flyin' is Fun!!
I'll read it! by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 3) #13 Wed Mar 15, 2006 at 05:05:33 AM EST
AND i care.

thanks by Mrs FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 07:39:01 PM EST
I will write again.....S.O.N.Y.

Wheeee...Flyin' is Fun!!

I’ve been livin’ in fast forward | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden)