Print Story Saturday Morning Drinkin'
Gin and tonic? Walk like an Egyptian? Awake before noon?

OMFG!

Yesterday, the birds sang for me again.
[Sure, sure, they were pigeons, but it was still birds and still sorta singing.]

Work has been killing me. Literally. Vomiting, dizziness, passing out on the subway, heart [just panic, really. I think] attacks, suicidal thoughts, self-destructive behaviour, etc. I stop listing because it is depressing the hell outta me, and I don't feel like that anymore.

There was a turning point for me yesterday. Coulda gone badly. I think it was only my near-complete apathy that allowed me to listen to what she was saying rather than fighting each word. The criticism rolled off me; I was in a state where everything she said was right.

Damn, she sure likes being right.

Everything fell together after that. Finished work I'd been meaning to, felt like I was actually doing something rather than make-work. I finished updating a site, something I was supposed to do last week. I finished my design for a meeting I'd been putting off, but couldn't avoid anymore.

I took a nap three hours before my meeting. Decided no alarm, I'd just doze for an hour, then take a shower, everything is golden. I left The Brothers Grimm playing on the projector screen [blanket nailed to the wall.]

Woke up to the cat μ-ing plaintively next to my face.

Ran out the door with 40 minutes to get to my meeting. Only a quick glance at Google Maps to guide me.

Got the job. She's got a referral for me. I can't say who just now, you understand. Because she couldn't tell me just now, you understand. Confidential at this stage, you understand. But she'll probably be getting in touch with me just after the new year. [I smell money.]

What is this funny feeling I have in my chest? It's not quite like a panic attack, fuzzier, doesn't hurt, quite. Hurts a little, but more in a way that makes me laugh, like when ncmt is [CENSORED]

So it's now Saturday. Last night was my first sound sleep in three weeks. I have already downed enough gin and tonic to cause problems for tomorrow, unless my severe alcoholism for the past four days has proven useful in preparing my liver for the worst.

My playlist just hit Red Hot Chili Peppers.I keep anticipating the line "memories of everything, of lemon trees on Mercury" with that funny feeling in my chest. I have identified it as happiness.

I'm done with that depression shit [for another month, anyway. Isn't Christmas coming up?]

Anyway, a peek at what I have been listening to on shuffle, because I love this list so much.

Bob, NOFX
Guerrilla Radio, Rage Against the Machine
yel, Short Dick Cuizi
My Oh My, Aqua
Lovesong, Snake River Conspiracy
Paradise City, Guns 'n Roses
Mary Mary, Chumbawumba
Walk Like an Egyptian, The Bangles
Black Steel, Tricky
B. O. B., Outkast
On Mercury, Red Hot Chili Peppers
Body Movin', Beastie Boys

and if anyone wants to accuse me of being a ninties whore, I will not argue. Instead I will send you here to buy me something pretty. Oh my, I want.

< Stuffing | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Saturday Morning Drinkin' | 27 comments (27 topical, 0 hidden)
last 10 shuffle by garlic (2.00 / 0) #1 Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 07:23:22 AM EST
Joy to the World -- Orange County Supertones
God Rest you Merry Gentlemen -- Royal College of Music Chamber choir
O Holy Night -- Royal Philharmonic orchestra and chorus
Hallelu! -- Valparaiso University Concert Choir
December Rain -- Jeff Johnson and Brian Dunning
Thou Art gone up on high -- Bostone Baroque Orchestra and Chorus
Pifa (Pastoral Symphony) -- ???
What Child is this? -- Canadian Brass
Winter, Fire, and Snow -- Benita Hill
Silent Night, Holy Night -- Gregg Smith Singers.

Jesus Christ! by MissTrish (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 07:39:41 AM EST
I do hope you are at a company Christmas party or something.

[Please note: There have been further gin and tonics. Typing is hard.]

ypu're a chair
il est ne, le divine enfant by garlic (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 08:34:32 PM EST
I'm just in a christmas spirit.

I began to reply that by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #12 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 09:21:33 AM EST
one should only use the christmas spirit in an ironic sense. Then I realized what I was saying.

Carol on!

ypu're a chair
Shuffle. by toxicfur (4.00 / 2) #3 Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 10:56:07 AM EST
Superhero, Ani Difranco
One More Murder, Better Than Ezra
Swim, Ani Difranco
Leather, Tori Amos
Human, The Pretenders
Tomorrow Wendy, Concrete Blonde
Gravity, Vienna Teng
Nimrod's Son, Pixies
Come Sweet Death, Voltaire
Red White and Black, Thea Gilmore

Happiness? Excellent. I'm looking forward to that funny feeling in my chest, maybe in a month or two. Though today I bought three new pairs of socks, and that made me pretty close to happy.
-----
inspiritation: the effect of irritating someone so much it inspires them to do something about it. --BuggEye

Pixies! by cam (4.00 / 2) #4 Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 01:56:54 PM EST
Last ten shuffle;

Collosal - Wolfmother
Message to my girl - Split Enz
Out of my hands - Donnas
Friends like mine - Donnas
Polyblend - Ursula 1000
Monsters - Something for kate
Bang Bang - SHMRB (yeh I want cheesey poofs)
Who knows - Avril Lavigne
Friday night just got paid - Mathgeeks
Outta my head - Spiderbait

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Also +1 for black steel by cam (4.00 / 1) #5 Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 01:58:19 PM EST
being in misstrish's playlist. Love the percussion in that song.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

The vocals by MissTrish (4.00 / 1) #14 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 09:28:09 AM EST
are gorgeous. I always get a kick out of listening to a very sweet feminine voice say that "I'm a black man, and I can never be a veteran." Plus, the P.E. original was awesome.

ypu're a chair
The Donnas! by toxicfur (4.00 / 2) #6 Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 02:15:19 PM EST
I haven't thought of them in years! Hrm. I might be spending more money at iTunes in the near future....
-----
I believe by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #13 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 09:26:13 AM EST
that three pairs of fresh socks can make anyone's day a little brighter. There is nothing like fresh socks.

ypu're a chair
I have just arrived home from the pub by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 1) #7 Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 05:26:03 PM EST
I drank G&Ts.

Elvis was singing in a corner.

Moo!

Winamp: by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 05:40:00 PM EST
Leo Kottke - 6- and 12-String Guitar.m3u - I'm such a square.

I was up at 4:55 this morning -- but I held off on my first G&T 'till 7:30 PM. Now I'm thinking I need V8 for bloody Marys tomorrow morning...

You must have wild, violent sex with me. Did I say that out loud?

PS: I pronounce μ as Moo. So cat dosen't work. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #9 Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 05:46:01 PM EST

it will always be mew by MissTrish (4.00 / 1) #15 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 09:29:48 AM EST
to me, and so the greek letter that my cat insists to me without reason.

ypu're a chair
I thought the very same thing by MissTrish (4.00 / 1) #16 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 09:30:49 AM EST
The V8, I mean. Bloody Mary's are an excellent breakfast drink.

ypu're a chair
No whorin' there, the 90s rocked . . . by slozo (4.00 / 1) #10 Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 07:19:55 PM EST
. . . well enough. That being said, I'd only only have "Walk like . . . "  and "Body Movin'", although I would have no trouble listening to the Tricky, Outkast, Peppers, Machine, even the Aqua.

Since everyone else did it, here goes tonight's playlist, or at least the last ten:

Speedway - Morrisey
Pink Maggit - The Deftones
Chinese folk Instrumental - some Chinese musician guys
Drivin' on 9 - The Breeders
Spring Heeled Jim - Morrisey
Life in Mono - Mono
Wave of Mutilation - Pixies
Stan - Dido (w/Eminem)
Uncle John's Band - The Grateful Dead
Glorybox - Portishead

I never got into the Breeders by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #17 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 09:34:34 AM EST
love the Pixies, but Kim just isn't the same without Frank Black.

ypu're a chair
I'm not huge on The Breeders, by ni (2.00 / 0) #21 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 02:03:24 PM EST
but I think everybody in the world likes Drivin' on 9. It has the wombat-nature.

256: What are you searching for? mx: Kaola penis. 256: Why aren't you using image search?
You are a nineties whore by debacle (2.00 / 0) #18 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 01:12:26 PM EST
I don't think that's the worst kind of whore you can be, though.

Look, I told you by MissTrish (4.00 / 1) #19 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 01:24:58 PM EST
It's $2000. I don't care what you can get it for in Vegas.

ypu're a chair
That's expensive by debacle (2.00 / 0) #20 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 01:27:28 PM EST
If I were Richard Gere, I'd take you up on that offer.

And if you were Richard Gere by MissTrish (4.00 / 2) #24 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 02:30:20 PM EST
I would ask what is up with your hair.

ypu're a chair
And I would reply by debacle (2.00 / 0) #25 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 05:10:05 PM EST
It's Just for Men.

sharp implement not frat boy odour by rhooke (2.00 / 0) #22 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 02:24:04 PM EST
(I don't know how to use this website.

But that won't stop me from chewing you out. (possibly twice))

You bitch! Plans this weekend my ass. It's the axe for you. The AXE!

I suck. by MissTrish (2.00 / 0) #23 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 02:27:09 PM EST
We both know it. I have no good reason and only bad excuses.

But I sold your picture.

ypu're a chair
freaky weird by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #26 Mon Dec 11, 2006 at 06:17:49 AM EST
i actually like your playlist. even the bizarre pop (walk like an egyptian has been a favorite song of mine since it came out). never heard of short dick cuizi, maybe i'll have to check that out.

i don't do playlists though. right now all i'm listening to is hospital records "hospitalised". got the cds friday afternoon and have listened to all 3, 3 times each already.

the work stuff, well there's nowhere you can go but up, assuming you've bottomed out. it'll pick back up sometime, you can only make yourself miserable for so long. hope you can cheer up soon.

Shirt Dick Cuizi by MissTrish (4.00 / 1) #27 Mon Dec 11, 2006 at 12:06:28 PM EST
is a french band that I believe only exists as a myspace site and a bizzare mp3 download page. I first heard them at a scuzzy bar called the Queen's Head and proceeded to harass the DJ until she wrote the info down. If you would like the mp3, send request to warmaus at gmail dot com. You should receive your mp3 in 4-6 weeks or hours. I always mix those two up.

The listed sampling is only a small portion of a playlist titled "energy" among "sleepy" and "cranky."

I know not of this "hospital records." Research to follow.

I managed to get the day off work tomorrow. I think things are turning around pretty steadily. I have even been smiling.

ypu're a chair
Saturday Morning Drinkin' | 27 comments (27 topical, 0 hidden)