Print Story Say...
Wizards and Hobbits
By Bob Abooey (Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 06:20:36 AM EST) Super High Tech Jet Fighters (all tags)
The B.A.D.TM

Blogging to save mankind...

I watched the Christmas special of The Office (The BBC one, you know, the funny one) last night so I finally have some resolution, some closure, if you will. Funny stuff. Very well done IMO. Not that I needed some closure, mind you, I mean it's TV, it's all make believe, but still, it's good to know how Dawn and Tim ended up. Sadly, Dawn is getting married this month. I mean, at least she could have given me a chance, after all those emails I sent her. It's not like I was asking to have her baby or anything, right away that is, and I'm quite certain we would have hit it off and been soul mates and whatnot, but hey, if she wants to play it this way it's her loss. Bitch.

Jesus, is it lunch time yet??? Oh yeah, and whoever it was that tried to slip some plutonium 210 into my coffee yesterday, NICE TRY, but I can smell that stuff from a mile away so I tossed the coffee and got me a fresh cup.

Speaking of plutonium 210, I've got my first FFL playoff game this week and I've got quite the conundrum. I've got one wildcard spot open and need to choose from these guys: DeAngelo Williams, Leon Washington, Dominic Rhodes or Greg Jennings. Oh what to do what to do. I suspect this is going to be a key move for me so I can't afford to screw this up.

Speaking of football, last night at about 9:00 we (we being the YMCA Rehab Centre at large) lost all power. Poof. Normally this isn't so bad but it was about 735 below zero outside and we had 209 mph winds blowing in off the lake so it was RIGHT FUCKING COLD OUTSIDE which isn't the optimum time to lose your source of heat. For the life of me I don't understand how any towne in the US can lose power these days, it's not like it's the 1800's and they haven't quite figured out how all this electricity stuff works. I grabbed some extra blankets and built a fire in my oven (old Sunday papers burn nice and slow when rolled up nice and tight) and hunkered in for the long haul but luckily the power came on about an hour later, so we were all saved.

Gah... still an hour to go before lunch, which will be a giant vat of rigatoni, with the bonus side salad and garlic roll of course.

< Not as good as they used to be | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Say... | 34 comments (34 topical, 0 hidden)
WIPOs by Herring (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 06:36:41 AM EST
a) No, I'm not a USian
b) Not one who has a bad track record of delivering in the BJ department

You can't inspire people with facts
- Small Gods

I fixed the poll by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 06:43:25 AM EST
To make it more universal and include you blokes from across the pond.

re: I'm not sure how you'll find out if she's a good performer in the oral department, but how cool would it be to actually get a bj from the President, assuming the President is a she!

--Your best pal Bob

Umm. Bob... In UKia, they would call that a by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 06:48:48 AM EST
QUEEN!

Nice Try by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 07:04:04 AM EST
Even I know that the President can't be Queen. Our constitution prohibitively states that's a no-no.

--Your best pal Bob

Attention troll using Bob's account: by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 07:52:05 AM EST
please to be re-reading the poll -- carefully.

Easy there with those wild accusations by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #11 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 07:56:32 AM EST
Nobody has hijacked my account since that one time ti-dave hacked it last year. Lordy, it took me months to rebuild my upstanding reputation after that mess.

--Your best pal Bob

I was attempting to be clever by Herring (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 06:55:41 AM EST
F'rinstance, if she wasn't delivering then her husband might choose to go elsewhere...

You can't inspire people with facts
- Small Gods

It *could* happen I suppose by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 07:02:21 AM EST
I've read that GWB is impotent so it wouldn't be crazy to expect that Laura is getting serviced by some other bloke, Cheney perhaps?

Dick or Mary? by ad hoc (4.00 / 3) #12 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 08:05:35 AM EST
WIPO by ucblockhead (4.00 / 2) #7 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 07:13:48 AM EST
Only if she's hot.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Bob, you've been quiet on the Britney flap by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 07:22:33 AM EST
surely you've seen those scandalous pictures of her C-section scar.

Well I'll be darned by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 07:52:40 AM EST
Quite the well manicured young lady, no?

I'm not sure I approve of the company she's keeping these days, I suspect they're a bad influence on my little Britney.

--Your best pal Bob

if only you hadn't gotten married last week by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #13 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 08:21:14 AM EST
you could have hooked up with Britney and had yourself a cushy life.

Yeah... by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #21 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 09:31:23 AM EST
But you should see how clean my kitchen floor has been since I married Roxy! She's a marvel with a mop!

--Your best pal Bob

So an "International" poll . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 08:24:49 AM EST
. . . has just two countries? The Us and the Uk? What about Canada? We have what is called a Prime Minister . . . you might recall the country that happens to be your number one trading partner . . .

Feh by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #17 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 09:03:43 AM EST
Nope. Where'd you get . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #23 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 11:24:41 AM EST
. . . that strange idea? I think someone's been putting something into your tea . . .

definately. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #25 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 11:33:00 AM EST
they're a territory of the US like puerto rico and Australia.

Well, some days it seems like it, but . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #26 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 11:47:59 AM EST
. . . really, we are so full of weed and piss that the Americans are actually a little afraid of us. Just between you and me, I think the Ukians and their offspring, the Usians, are a little too uptight.

With Canada, which was born of crazy, runaway Brits and beaver hunting French, you get the best of both worlds, really. We love to party, we'll stand up for a just cause, and we're all about smokin doobs and looking for . ..  beavers.

Now does that sound like Amerika to you?

Sinners!!! by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #28 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 11:59:10 AM EST
I'm gonna have my church group pray for you.

--Your best pal Bob

you'll stand up for a just cause? by garlic (4.00 / 1) #29 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 12:00:04 PM EST
does anyone notice?

Hey... by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 2) #19 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 09:13:18 AM EST
You're not trying to start some kind of International Incident now are you? First with this gas prices diary in some wacky rupee currency, now with these unreasonable demands and veiled threats...

Look, if I were you I'd throw Anne Murrey's Greatest hits into the 8-track and turn on a hockey game to kind of calm down and rethink what's going on.

And don't forget, we kicked your arse back in 1811, or whenever that was, and we'll do it again if we have to.

--Your best pal Bob

What, 1812 when we burned. . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #22 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 11:23:24 AM EST
. . . your house down and you had to paint it white again? Well, that was really just the British and some natives at the time . . . no beer swilling, hockey playing Canucks. 'Cause if it were, you'd ALL be sayin', "G'day, eh?"

and secondly - you can . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #24 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 11:29:16 AM EST
. . . have monkey sex with Anne Murray for all I care, no one in Canada gives a shit about her anymore. It's all Stompin' Tom Connors nowadays . . .

Yeah yea by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #30 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 12:05:27 PM EST
Tom Connors, Gordon Lightfoot, whatever, it's hard to keep up with what's hot up north cause ya'll are such a cultural mecca.

Meanwhile we invented music here in the US (maybe you've heard of Chuck Berry?? Elvis??? The Beattles??) , so you should be happy and grateful for that, otherwise you would be forced to sit in silence at all you parties and whatnot.

--Your best pal Bob

You have our Queen by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #32 Tue Dec 12, 2006 at 01:21:52 AM EST
God knows why. Suckers.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

probably go with deangelo by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 08:35:08 AM EST
jennings is hobbled, rhodes is going up against a tough run d after addai's breakout game, washington is a nobody.

That's what I'm thinking too by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #20 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 09:15:39 AM EST
But D'Angelo might not get too much playing time if Foster is healthy, even though he had a great game last week, so it's a crapshoot no matter what.

--Your best pal Bob

Office BBC xmas special by theantix (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 08:55:36 AM EST
I am ashamed to admit this, but I cried like a little baby at the end.  I'm such a sucker.
____________________________________
I'm sorry, but your facts disagree with my opinion.
It got to me too by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #18 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 09:03:58 AM EST
I didn't cry like a big wuss but I certainly felt all emotional, especially when Dawn opened her Secret Santa gift.

It was really well done. I even found myself cheering for David Brent and his big breakthrough at the end. What a great show.

Heartless bastard by thenick (4.00 / 1) #27 Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 11:57:11 AM EST

You could have at least given it to a homeless guy. The radiation would keep him warm or something.

----------------------------

"'Vengence is Mine', quoth Alvis. And then he shot the guy, right in the freaking face!"

Maybe in fifty years by debacle (2.00 / 0) #31 Sun Dec 10, 2006 at 01:19:49 PM EST
Right now I wouldn't even vote for a man.

Electric Heat? by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #33 Tue Dec 12, 2006 at 03:27:20 AM EST
You should petition the Y to move it's heating to something more reliable like coal.

---------------
Gas baby by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #34 Tue Dec 12, 2006 at 03:52:45 AM EST
It's gas heat, but, the actual furnace/blower runs on electricity, so without one you can't have the other.

But yeah, otherwise I'm a big fan of vintage heat like coal.

--Your best pal Bob

Say... | 34 comments (34 topical, 0 hidden)