Print Story I bet you wish your boyfriend was a freak like me
Wizards and Hobbits
By Bob Abooey (Wed Dec 27, 2006 at 07:18:59 AM EST) Sony sticks it to the consumer again (all tags)
The B.A.D.TM

Putting the Q in Kwanzaa since 1976...

Happy Kwanzaa!

How ironic was it that Gerald R. Ford passed away on the first day of Kwanzaa, eh? I mean, given that the guy actually had an affair with one of his slaves and even made babies with her, oh wait, no, that was Washington, not Ford. Ford, Ford, Ford, he did something notable didn't he, boy, I'm sure he was a President but I can't quite put my finger on what he's known for. Ah well, it'll come to me. Anyways, he was a great man and an even greater American I'm sure.

I survived another Christmas with my family, or what's left of them anyways. I did have a scary moment on Christmas Eve. My mobile CD/Mp3 player up and broke on me. It would turn on and start spinning, but after spinning for aboot 5 seconds it would power down. So I was faced with a 10 hour drive to Smallville with NO MP3 PLAYER for the carriage, which is tragic at best, given that many sections of the trip entail driving through uninhabited parts of the jungle where nary a radio reception can be heard.

Thusly I had to purchase a new CD/Mp3 player poste haste. I travelled to the local Fairly Alright But Not Really the Greatest Buy store and picked up a Sony NE330. As I've already got the old car adaptor I'm thinking I can just take it out of the package and plug it in and go on my merry way. Well, it turns out that UcBlockHead decided he needed a bigger bonus because the friggin AC adaptor DOESN'T FIT. The bastards at Sony want me to buy a brand new one even though the old one works just fine, just so UCBlock can build onto his house or something. Bah, so of course nobody has just the adaptor thingy for sale, they want you to buy the whole car kit thing for like 800 million dollars more. Well, screw that and screw you Sony you money grubbing fascist bastards.

$5.00 later I had a pack of AA batteries, I plugged one into it (it only takes one) and BLAMO I'm back in the tunes. The thing works great and I really dig the remote, it makes it much safer to look for songs while driving. I didn't spend any time tweaking the sound as it sounds right good with the default settings, but it comes with some EQ capabilities I think, should the need arise. The cool thing about using a battery is that the player remembers where it was when you turned it off, which is right nice. Still, I'm going to have to get an adaptor (unless UC can mail me a free one, plus a fiver for the batteries I had to buy, which would be the right thing to do after all) but the batteries I bought should last for months at the rate I use it.

As such I made the journey to and fro Smallville and can put a fork in another festive Christmas holiday season.

The End.

< Post-Christmas Post | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I bet you wish your boyfriend was a freak like me | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden)
Get a Zune by RapidHamster (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Dec 27, 2006 at 07:41:48 AM EST
I need the stock bump.

Plus they are good.

The End.

Werd by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Dec 27, 2006 at 08:00:15 AM EST
What would I do with it?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Zune by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Dec 27, 2006 at 08:49:00 AM EST
You could go try to find the other Zune user in your state and share1 tunes.

1 Only three plays, but it's ok, the bastard has crap taste anyway.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

True dat by RapidHamster (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Dec 27, 2006 at 12:36:46 PM EST
Wireless on it pretty much sucks ass right now, but I am hopeful that with future firmware updates they will make it into something useful. Or someone else will.

Its a good little mp3 player with a great screen if you are into watching tiny little movies. Myself, I am not so into watching tiny little movies. But some people like midgets a lot, so I assume there is a group of people that expand on the liking tiny little people motif and go right into movies with it.

Bob, no cassette or 8 track? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Dec 27, 2006 at 08:59:07 AM EST
I'm shocked.

Oh sure by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Dec 27, 2006 at 09:17:19 AM EST
The ol 86 Escort has a cassette player in it, but alas! I don't have any of those old analog CD's to play in it.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

'86 Escort? by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Dec 28, 2006 at 07:07:38 AM EST
Twenty years old.  That's a classic car now.  Not like those new Mustangs.  Classic '86 Escort.  Sweet.

---------------
Jerry Ford is known for by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Dec 27, 2006 at 10:50:37 AM EST
giving Chevy Chase his raison d’être.
Hypocrisy is the resin that holds the plywood of society together
10 hours ? by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Dec 27, 2006 at 02:28:05 PM EST
Bob, unless you're on 20 mph roads, is there any two locations in ohio that are 10 hours apart ? Geeze. From the guy that won't visit PGH to see us ..

Come into VA for the Jefferson clan reunion and see how they welcome the mulatto descendants. Were quite nasty to them for many years, until DNA proved otherwise.

So the lesson is, if you love her, glove her.

see by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Dec 27, 2006 at 03:28:23 PM EST
Bob is leaving us little clues.  His kinfolk are from Rural Northern PA.

Blizzard of Death '06
Waitaminute there by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Dec 28, 2006 at 11:39:58 AM EST
Are you saying that Bob is ObviousTroll's Long Lost Evil Little Brother?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

or sister by dev trash (4.00 / 2) #13 Thu Dec 28, 2006 at 02:16:55 PM EST
I mean if he's fibbing about the CLevia, what else has he been feeding us????

Blizzard of Death '06
Actually it's 9 hours by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Dec 28, 2006 at 07:14:43 AM EST
But I said ten to throw you off the scent, as I knew you would get a compass and a map and figure all the little townes in a 10 hour drive radius and whatnot.

Warmest regards,