Print Story I'm too full to swallow my pride
Wizards and Hobbits
By Bob Abooey (Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 06:16:15 AM EST) Super High Tech Jet Fighters (all tags)
The B.A.D.TM

Bringing the world together one blog at a time since 1977...

So the new Al Jezeera English has been rolled out, eh? Can't be any worse than Fox "News" as far as I'm concerned. Actually I'd be more interested in watching Al Jeez than Fox in order to get an outside perspective. I'll bet most Fox "News" fans feel the same way! Plus, I'll be they get some real hottie Muslim news-babes on there. Cause even if you're an anti-Americian pro-terrorist chucklehead you still need ratings and nothing brings in more ratings than hot little minkies with perfect hair wearing tight business suits!

Temps in Vegas for next week look pretty good so far. I'm pretty happy with mid 60's and whatnot.

A buddy of mine, Marty Salmonella1 "won2" a bunch of "free" tickets to the local comedy club so it looks like I'll be partaking in some guffawing and whatnot tonight. I hope this putz is funny, a guy who works on cruise-ships sounds like he may be non-offensive and watered down. "Take my wife. Please." "And how about that food they serve you on aeroplanes, eh? Who eats that stuff!"

Speaking of football, this weekend is the biggest college football3 game of the century!! Everybody raise your hands and yell it out loud "OH AICH EYE OH!! BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The Buckeyes are gonna put a whoop-ass on them retarded oafs from Michigan!!! BWUAHAHAHAHA!

Speaking of sleep, I've finally given in and made an effort to reduce my caffeine intake with the goal of actually sleeping at night. I'm down to two cups (one with breakfast and one in the afternoon) and I'm happy to report it seems to be working well. Along those lines I have to think there's a market for some kinda pill you can take that gives you energy and another one that puts you to sleep. I'm thinking we (the world in general) would sure get a whole lot more accomplished if that were the case.

Apple IPod MiNi... It Just Works!!! BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

[1] - Not his real name.
[2] - This is a pretty good racket actually. They don't get big crowds on a school night so they give you free tickets knowing that you'll blow $30 on snacks and whatnot.
[3] USian Football, not the girlie-man Yerupian kickball.

< Stuff | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I'm too full to swallow my pride | 32 comments (32 topical, 0 hidden)
OH AICH EYE OH!! by Zoomzoom (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 06:35:34 AM EST
Is that some failed attempt at communicating with the MIA Rodgerborg?

YELL IT!!! by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 07:20:47 AM EST
OH AICH EYE OH!!

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Snacks eh ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 06:43:30 AM EST
What's the drink minimum ? Free tix and no cover means they still bill you for the minimum drinks, either way.. So yeah, they'll get their money.

But wait until you see show prices in Vegas..

It doesn't matter by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 07:18:50 AM EST
With all my winnings I'm not going to be worried about a few hundred bucks here or there.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

You should leave the sports predicting by ks1178 (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 06:59:18 AM EST
to the professionals.

You were wrong about the Tigers being a flash in the pan during the early season. And you're gonna be wrong about this too.

HA! by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 07:10:40 AM EST
Who called the Cards in 6?? That's right! Turns out they won it in 5, but I was closer than 75% of the Pro's with that prediction and I'm going to be entirely correct with this one too.

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

OH AICHE EYE OH!!!

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Well we'll just have to wait and see. by ks1178 (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 07:17:36 AM EST
I just hope after we beat you this weekend, things turn out right, and we get to beat you again for the National Championship later this year.

puke by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 09:37:39 AM EST
championship game is already set: OSU vs Arkansas.

mark it down.

All Jeez by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 07:07:03 AM EST
Seen this?
Hypocrisy is the resin that holds the plywood of society together
Heh.. by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 07:16:24 AM EST
Just because the Dems won, doesn't mean the war on terror is over.

Er... WTF? What does one have to do with the other? Or are they trying to imply the wear on terror only exists so the GOP can stay in power???

Either way, FOX is a constant source of amusement.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

I think by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 08:47:23 AM EST
it's a pre-emptive strike against the cut 'n' runners[tm].
Hypocrisy is the resin that holds the plywood of society together
I don't even know who to route for by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 07:22:52 AM EST
which team has less potential felons and future dropouts?

The naval academy, or military academy. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 08:12:31 AM EST

Right, Rummy went to Princeton, IIRC by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 08:22:22 AM EST
though I was thinking more about Maurice Clarret (Clagget?), and others of his ilk.

Seeing as I can no longer brag about graduating from a perennial Top Ten school, I have to pick on graduation rates.

Graduation rates by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #32 Mon Nov 20, 2006 at 03:31:30 AM EST
were excellent at my school. Everyone knew that the NFL didn't scout SUU, so they all studied their asses off, got good grades, and graduated.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

You're welcome to root for the Bucks by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 08:59:36 AM EST
I'll fax you a fan application1 that you can fill out and fax back to me.

Say, is Joe Pa back off the DL yet? He's had a rough season, what with getting confused and leaving the game in the 2nd quarter then falling asleep and not seeing the player running straight at him, casuing him to get all broken up. Poor guy. Can't Pent State find anyone else to coach? You guys might actually get back to a bowl game (remember what that's like??) this century!!

OH AICHE EYE OH!!

[1] - With demand so high right now I'm not sure I can get you bandwagoners in, but I'll give it a shot.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

The Lions were inspired by his absence by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 10:01:49 AM EST
they crushed Temple, crushed them.

I'm thinking JoePa should move into Politics, now that PA is tilting to blue, the GOP could use a highly respected statesman.

chemicals by law talking guy (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 08:54:41 AM EST
They're not pills, but espresso in the morning and vodka in the evening would certainly work for you until they market that miracle pill

I find that calling the four shots of espresso I have every morning an, "eye opener" and the drink when I get home, "something to take the edge off" makes the whole affair seem less depressing.

espresso doesn't necessarily have more by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 09:50:50 AM EST
caffeine than coffee, although 4 of them is a little more than usual.

Efficiency by law talking guy (2.00 / 0) #27 Fri Nov 17, 2006 at 07:41:32 AM EST
I think that a cup of coffee and a shot of espresso have a roughly equal amount of caffeine.  Espresso is superior because it is a more effective drug delivery system.  I don't have time drink four cups of coffee in the morning, and I don't want to wait for the stimulant to meander through my system.  Also, I find that espresso upsets my stomach far less than traditional drip coffee, though I don't know why.

you know that jolt makes gum now? by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #31 Fri Nov 17, 2006 at 10:01:37 AM EST
you might like that. 4 espressos, I guess that's not all that much, I do have 2 cups of coffee every morning.

I like the meandering though, I try to drink it slow because otherwise I get all crazy and uptight, stress out easily, then crash horribly.

On the weekends though it's all caffeine all the time, since I don't have to worry about stress.

ipod & itunes by R343L (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 10:10:42 AM EST
So, I guess my back-of-the-mind consideration to go back to itunes (right now using a winamp plugin) is now lowered in likelihood. I'm thinking of getting a shuffle soon and if itunes will just break it....

Probably should give up caffeine myself, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I work at home every other day and at home there isn't any caffeine. At work, I drink lots free. There are no noticeable differences in the days (except distracting puppy behavior).

Rachael

I would think of getting a nano by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 11:45:21 AM EST
If it was usb based. That's why I love my little creative labs MuVo. It acts like a USB flash drive when you plug it in, then you drag -n- drop the songs and go on your way.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

I don't think anyone from ohio by debacle (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 11:54:50 AM EST
Is allowed to call anyone else a retarded oaf.

Not true by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 12:16:49 PM EST
Here is a short list of places we're aloud to speak smugly about:
  1. Michigan
  2. Buffalo
  3. Montana
  4. Idaho
  5. North Dakota
  6. South Dakota
  7. Alabama
  8. Wyoming
  9. Kentucky
  10. Pennsylvania

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

I'll give you by debacle (2.00 / 0) #23 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 12:27:48 PM EST
Idaho, North Dakota, Alabama, and Kentucky.

I don't think you understand what your fellow ohioans are incapable of.

I hate to break it to you. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #24 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 12:28:50 PM EST
But there's other places than...

Oh, never mind. You'll never get to the coast, let alone further.

heh by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #26 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 03:20:08 PM EST
Actually Pittsburgh.

Blizzard of Death '06
re: pills by bobdole (2.00 / 0) #25 Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 01:39:22 PM EST
those pills already exists. They're called ephedrine and valium. I guess prolonged and combined use, is not recommended.
-- The revolution will not be televised.
Sad news folk,this just in by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #28 Fri Nov 17, 2006 at 08:42:45 AM EST
long time Michigan coach Bo Schembechler has been found dead in his vacation house in Maine. He was truly an American icon, he will be missed.

Jeepers! by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #29 Fri Nov 17, 2006 at 09:18:55 AM EST
You've really got your hand on the pulse of things. I just heard it on the radio and click here to find you've already broken the news!

I just hope those heinous scalawags in Michigan don't try to use his untimely death to their advantage. You know, "Win One For the Bo-er!" or some such crap.

Damn bad timing if you ask me, the old geezer could have hung on for a couple more days if he tried a little harder.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

I have a friend who went to Michigan by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #30 Fri Nov 17, 2006 at 09:28:01 AM EST
a real booger eating lowlife, but that's besides the point. He told me they have a secret plan, to have Bo ride out on the field on a horse, El Cid like, to inspire those Wolverines. I think it's going to be an upset.

I'm too full to swallow my pride | 32 comments (32 topical, 0 hidden)