Print Story Updates
Working life
By FlightTest (Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 07:24:12 AM EST) (all tags)
I got paid! Sadly, they also hooked up a phone in my cube.

Payday

Unfortunately, at the sub-$10/hr rate. However I am promised that the reclassification will be backdated eventually to my hire date and a check will be issued to make up the difference. We'll see. This was December's paycheck, I still haven't been issued an actual check for November though. Just an "advance" against the November paycheck.

There is a move afoot to reclassify me again, this time to an actual engineering position, at actual engineering wages. Again, we'll see.

Phone

Sadly, they also managed to get a number assigned to me, so I have a phone at my desk. Good and bad, certain things sucked about not having a phone, but if they do make me a full-time actual employee, I will have to have one.

Adoption

The process continues. More paperwork to fill out. We're slowly working on getting the house organized and cleaned up. More storage space would be nice, there's never enough. We need to make trips to household hazardous waste disposal (e.g. old paint) and to the goodwill.

Today

Today I was supposed to go look at some window washing equipment in downtown L.A. Would have been interesting. This has already been canceled once before as well. So now I'm off to look at an unshored trench near the office.

Life is short, fly fast!
< STOP ALITO NOW: | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Updates | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)
You don't need to make a trip by lm (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 07:56:40 AM EST
Old paint burns quite nicely.

Or do local ordinances prevent you from cooking out in your backyard?

If so, that's a shame. While working on the the Suburban Horror House, I discovered that local regulations said that one could build a fire in the backyard only for cooking out. Said regulations, however, made no limit on the size of said cooking fire. :D

Cicero, The Republic
Somehow by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 08:07:25 AM EST
That doesn't strike me as a particularly bright idea. Even were I inclined, we don't really have the room or a suitable containment to do such a thing. Also we have more than just paint.

More than just paint ... by lm (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 08:10:35 AM EST
But it's all flamable, no?

Burn. Baby. Burn.

Cicero, The Republic
You could also donate old paint by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #4 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 09:15:54 AM EST

to a local river!

window washing equipment??? by calla (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 11:27:52 AM EST
What's that for?

Leon 2001 - 2005
Ummmm, washing windows by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 05:50:24 PM EST

Cal/OSHA regulates window washers and the equipment they use. Think hi-rise.

You washing windows? n/t by calla (4.00 / 1) #7 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 11:42:15 AM EST

Leon 2001 - 2005
No, I'm interning with Cal/OSHA [n/t] by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #8 Sat Jan 28, 2006 at 08:33:29 PM EST

Updates | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)