Print Story I want to confiscate your drugs
Music
By MohammedNiyalSayeed (Tue May 24, 2005 at 03:45:49 PM EST) (all tags)

I'm not the toughest guy, I've gotta keep my eyes open.

Star Wars.

I've been selecting the "Star Wars" topic icon for all diaries for a while now, despite the fact that few of them contain Star Wars content, and I really don't have any in this one, either, aside to say that I agree with the Canadian MNS, who you all know as theantix. To paraphrase Chicago punk rock icon turned Car Dealership Inheritor, Jeff Pezzati, "He is right, you are wrong. That is all."

Holy fucking shit, how much that band rocked... Thank Haggerty I have everything encoded, and can now listen to "Peacemaker". Truly a classic; "I am the peacemaker, I'll pound sand right up your ass. Our moral codes differ, you're scum, that is all, a trail of shit follows you around, you're on the edge, it's a hell of a drop." Prophets, methinks.

Many, many years ago, I was all geeked to have cornered John Haggerty at a party across the street from Wrigley Field, during Raygun's heyday, and though I felt all awkward and teenaged about telling him how fucking much NR rocked, he was so down to earth you couldn't help but walk away from conversations with him feeling like you just made a brand new friend. Years after that, after NR split up and he formed Pegboy, he would serve me beers at his weekend job at the Rainbo Club. And he remembered me from talking at that party, years prior. I've met more famous people since then, but never felt all that star-struck by any of them as I had as a teenager with Haggerty. Frequently, it was an antithetical situation; I remember pissing Chris Connelley off by going on a ten minute rant about how full of shit the Revolting Cocks were, and how all the bands on Wax Trax were fucking lame. I can see why he got pissed off, but I was right; they were all lame. It's not my fault he befriended New Trier High School graduate-turned-industrial disco king, Al Jourgensen, and subsequently threw away any chance at keeping his credibility.

When your out with your friends
In your new Mercedes Benz and you're
On drugs
And you show up late for school cause
You think your really cool when you're
On drugs
And you put on your headphones
And you step into the zone when you're
On drugs
But the world don't care
If you're not there cause you're
On drugs

Did you miss this one?

sootzoo wrote a very, very good diary and posted it around 12:46am, EST. I think it deserves to be FP'd, and though he didn't write it for purposes of gaining a mass audience, I see that only 22 people have read it so far, and that's just a shame. Not for his sake, but for yours, the reader. It really was a kickass diary. Sorry, sootzoo, for FP-whoring on your behalf, but I had to. I'm sure you understand. Sometimes when diaries get posted between when the Americans are going to bed and the Brits are waking up, they don't get the reading they deserve, is all.

Give it to me
We are all on drugs yeah
Never getting enough
We are all on drugs yeah
Give me some of that stuff

I cleaned my desk.

Mainly because I wanted to move the little free dumpster monitor I found over to the right of the laptop, but that part was occupied by the array of FireWire drives. As a result, it's all organized and shit now. Here it is, and be sure to note that six-button with scrollwheel mouse attached to the laptop. Ah, the miracles of technology...

Back to Music

The new Weezer album has pretty much knocked everything else off my repeato playlist. My Old Kentucky Blog disagrees, a little bit:

Some people are high on Weezer's new album, Make Believe, but I'm not so much. I think it's a lot of poppy/emotional fluff. Rivers Cuomo is a pop songwriter fronting a hard rock band, enamored with big choruses and loud guitars and that's cool with me, I like that, but this album just isn't a great blend really. There is no song that really stands out. It's got a very new wave feel and seems just a little overly sappy at times. This album could stand for a small shot of metal just to up it's rock count I guess, it's unremarkable to say the least.

I'm content with it, though. Cuomo really is an excellent pop songwriter, who knows how not to overwrite, and it's good to see him plying his trade without the disposable lyrics of the Green album and Maladroit.

And you twitch in your seat cause
You wanna hit the street when you're
On drugs
And you cause such a fuss cause
There's no one you can trust when you're
On drugs
And the best of your days
Will all vanish into haze when you're
On drugs
And you wish you could quit cause
You're really sick of it but you're
On drugs

Dinner? For me? You shouldn't have! OK, you totally should have, and I'm very glad you did.

I got invited to dinner via phone call this afternoon, then picked up, and brought to said dinner. Woofuckinghoo! That was a very good lasagna! Much better than the roast beef and swiss sandwich with Colman's I was going to make for myself.

Give it to me
We are all on drugs yeah
Never getting enough
We are all on drugs yeah
Give me some of that stuff

The Internets are a big, bad place.

Joi Ito boringly muses on becoming boring. You mean there was a time he wasn't? "I'm going to France, I had dinner with Diffie, blah blah blah." The interesting part of the link is the lengthy list of comments of fanboiz blowing sunshine up his ass. I really do miss the days before port 80 was a commonly used port. You know, the days when John Markoff wasn't popping up on cable news channels talking about security, which the motherfucker never studied as anything more than a spectator. Whatever.

Thanks TheophileEscargot^WR Mutt...

In case you didn't get your fill of vanity searching today, I wanted to say that the Christopher Hitchens piece on Blowhard Limousine Liberal Spokesperson of the Underclass George Galloway was fucking top notch. I think I have a man-crush on Hitchens; drinks, former socialist, realist... What's not to like?

And yeah, I should have just posted a comment to that effect in your diary when you posted it, but I forgot, and I have this text window open right now, and, well, the best made plans are laid to waste. Or however that saying goes.

I want to confiscate your drugs
I don't think I can get enough

Beer Night

Got plenty fucking soused last night. Topics of discussion: long term depression vs. realistic definitions of happiness, best way to get rid of DNA evidence, Bob Berdella, John Gacy, Theodore Bundy, and firearms. Hard to believe the women weren't thronging to our table to join in... Actually, hard to believe that out of the four of us there, three of them are already married. WTF. More power to them.

Also, it is officially Fucking Springtime out there; the clothing improvements in the female of the species are much to my liking, though there was one softball-coachish young lady who needed to pull her fucking pants up. I really don't need to see your thong. Serious.

Give it to me
We are all on drugs yeah
Never getting enough
We are all on drugs yeah
Give me some of that stuff

I'm Tired.

So very, very tired. I didn't get much sleep last night, as it would have been rude to pop an Ambien before entertaining. Thusly, I shall have to forego pint night at the Fox and Hound this evening, despite protestations to the contrary. I'm an old man, and I've been fighting off napping all day, as it is. I am not, however, opposed to receiving a visitor late at night, even though it will result in less sleeping and more tiredness, at least I won't be loaded, myself, which should make the morning more tolerable.

You are wrong, that is all.

< I've got the blues | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
I want to confiscate your drugs | 25 comments (25 topical, 0 hidden)
Ya background sucks, bitch! by theboz (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue May 24, 2005 at 04:07:53 PM EST
</Dave Chapell>
- - - - -
That's just a screen saver by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue May 24, 2005 at 04:17:21 PM EST

And I like it, like it, yes I do! It just animates jpg album covers from my music library, and is actually functional in that it reminds me of albums I haven't listened to in a long, long time.

Oh... by theboz (4.00 / 1) #5 Tue May 24, 2005 at 04:26:21 PM EST
Well, I guess I should go to South Africa and check myself into the insane asylum now.
- - - - -
Just make sure the network by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue May 24, 2005 at 04:27:43 PM EST

can't cancel your multimillion dollar show.

Clean your desk again by cam (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue May 24, 2005 at 04:08:44 PM EST
Try asking tps12 over this time.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Heh by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue May 24, 2005 at 04:18:05 PM EST

He's welcome to come over and clean any time, but the bathroom downstairs is in need of more immediate attention at the moment.

The firewire disk array by cam (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue May 24, 2005 at 04:28:49 PM EST
is piss splattered down there? Aim with two hands, or put a Thinkpad in the toilet so you something to shoot for.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

I'm no barbarian by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #8 Tue May 24, 2005 at 04:33:27 PM EST

My self-love is all done upstairs, like the good lord intended. The problem with the downstairs bathroom is that I *never* use it, so it could use a good dusting, and the toilet could use a good scrubbing to remove rust stains from hard water sitting still in it so long.

Man, masturbating downstairs... Insanity! Maybe they do that sort of thing up in Virginia, but we're civilized down here, dude!

thanks, man by sootzoo (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue May 24, 2005 at 05:03:07 PM EST
sometimes it feels good just to write and exorcise the demons, such as it is. i appreciate the FP whoreage, however. :) even if it doesn't get much play, the feedback has been really positive on it and i appreciate that as well. some day i'll be able to give that story the tribute it deserves.

The Macho-Asshole relationship advice paradigm: "Fuck that bitch. Fuck her up the ass." -edward
Quite welcome by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #10 Tue May 24, 2005 at 05:16:45 PM EST

Just thought it'd be a pity for people *not* to read it, you know? Pointing it out is the least I can do, aside from using my 8000 duplicate accounts to vote it up myself, which is apparently frowned upon. Oh, the humanity...

Moreover, thank *you* for writing it.

Re: blog by Canthros (4.00 / 1) #11 Tue May 24, 2005 at 06:42:54 PM EST
You might find something at http://pdmm.ginandmilk.dyndns.org/.

Content forthcoming, and muck hacking must still be done, but it runs.

(I'm going to contact my nameservers this weekend and get the domain repointed for the time being.)

I'm not here, man.

Woohoo! by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue May 24, 2005 at 07:02:08 PM EST
Good to see some progress being made there. I shall wait to update my RSS feed for you until you've got the DNS pointing at it, and just check it "old school" with one of them that webber browsers for now....

OMFISGYOURIPPEDONWAXTRAX by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #13 Tue May 24, 2005 at 11:06:38 PM EST
You are so off my Buddy List.

Sometimes I say things that exaggerate by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed May 25, 2005 at 02:43:06 AM EST

my actual argumentative position for what I consider to be comic effect. There's a word for that sort of thing, but I'll be damned if I can think of it at the moment...

But, serious, would you have been able to resist playing a joke on Chris Connolley, were you standing in some living room party chit-chatting with him and his girlfriend? I think not, sir! I THINK NOT!

And as a short, shameful confession, I treated my childhood trips to 2449 North Lincoln (that address is from memory, scarily enough, some 17 years later) as pilgrimages. I just turned into a pompous asshole about the place after I discovered their COIL section.

COIL will do that to a man. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #25 Wed May 25, 2005 at 11:13:39 AM EST
You know, it's so rare to find a talented Scotsman.

Wax Trax by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #14 Wed May 25, 2005 at 12:33:27 AM EST
are one of very few rock labels I have respect for. How can you not like the label that did the nightclub music in Robocop?

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

You seem to have a thing for Robocop by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #16 Wed May 25, 2005 at 02:43:58 AM EST

Ever considered bionic enhancement surgery? Because I know I have...

"drinks" by tps12 (4.00 / 1) #17 Wed May 25, 2005 at 03:02:28 AM EST
Understating it a bit, I think. As is "socialist," come to think of it.

He is a legend by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed May 25, 2005 at 04:00:30 AM EST

amongst drink-sodden former Trotskyites. Or so I've heard from some Scottish MP dude who owns a villa in Portugal.

Class Warrior (nt) by tps12 (4.00 / 1) #20 Wed May 25, 2005 at 04:04:15 AM EST

Indeed, I am. by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #21 Wed May 25, 2005 at 04:08:01 AM EST

It's just that I switched teams years ago when I crossed a particular income threshold.

then by tps12 (2.00 / 0) #23 Wed May 25, 2005 at 04:11:00 AM EST
Shouldn't owning a villa in Portugal improve your opinion of someone?

Convoluted logic by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #24 Wed May 25, 2005 at 04:18:21 AM EST

My problem with Galloway is that he got that villa in Portugal by pretending to care for the people who lack the motivation to get their own villa in Portugal, and would rather pretend he doesn't have it, particularly when asking said people for more money to pay the taxes on his Portuguese villa. If you're pro-greed, say you're pro-greed, don't market yourself as some sort of crusader for the underclass.

I may like the accumulation of capital, but it doesn't mean I don't have *ethics*. Galloway is passing complexions.

Desk by Jave27 (4.00 / 1) #19 Wed May 25, 2005 at 04:02:41 AM EST
I almost bought that desk the other day.  Or, at least, one that looks just like it.  Nice taste.

"Beating up the homeless. It's cruel, but it's a good clean work-out and leaves you feeling winded and superior." - CheeseburgerBrown

Gracias, senor by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #22 Wed May 25, 2005 at 04:10:57 AM EST

If it was at Best Buy, it's the same desk. I bought it when I moved here, and aside from the pain in the ass of moving it from room to room, it's been very sturdy and reliable. And the glass reminds me to dust it now and then, where on wooden desks, I could easily forget for months.

Which is pretty gross, when you think about it. And I'm thinking about it now, as my desk in the office is wooden. Bleh! I need to go outside and burn the biological particles I've no doubt been inhaling for twenty-six minutes now with a nice, sterile cigarette!

I want to confiscate your drugs | 25 comments (25 topical, 0 hidden)