Print Story WoW
Wizards and Hobbits
By codemonkey uk (Sun Feb 13, 2005 at 06:25:09 AM EST) (all tags)
I am a total World of Warcraft Dork.

I was on the EU beta, I bought it on the release day, and spent hours trying to sign up (but I won't bitch about Blizzard - that kind of network traffic is basically an unsolved problem).

Thus I have nothing else to talk about!

(Other than having to fight my wife to take turns to play it!)

We have two characters:

• Braque (Thad)
  • Mimosa (Andie)
On the PVE Turalyon (English) server on the Alliance side.

The game is absolutely massive. And fun. Fun is also important.

< an update on vietnamese chili and garlic sauce. | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
WoW | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden)
mine by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #1 Sun Feb 13, 2005 at 07:52:21 AM EST
Margot (42 human warrior)
Fenring (21 night elf druid)

Pictures to be posted later. Must get back to leveling now!

hey man, wanna go beat up some liberals on the daily kos? — rmg

US servers? by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Feb 13, 2005 at 06:46:08 PM EST
That would be damn quick leveling for someone starting on Friday...

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
yes, US by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Feb 14, 2005 at 08:23:02 AM EST

hey man, wanna go beat up some liberals on the daily kos? — rmg

screenshots by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Feb 15, 2005 at 05:27:05 PM EST

hey man, wanna go beat up some liberals on the daily kos? — rmg

When I feel bad about pretending to be a wizard by Rogerborg (4.00 / 3) #2 Sun Feb 13, 2005 at 09:00:05 AM EST
I try to remind myself that at least my method gets me out into the fresh air.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Not a problem by JWhiton (4.00 / 1) #3 Sun Feb 13, 2005 at 02:35:17 PM EST
Wireless is getting less expensive and more powerful.  Glare might still be a bit of a problem though.  And you'd need an outlet.  Maybe you could just open the window, that's mostly fresh air.

naw, that's worse by MillMan (3.50 / 2) #4 Sun Feb 13, 2005 at 02:54:53 PM EST
you're visible to the public.

FYI, Mark Kelly is also obsessing over this game - by Alice Pulley (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Feb 13, 2005 at 07:48:08 PM EST
I believe he has been playing all weekend without pausing for breath.

He is probably trying to authentically role-play - if you ever get the opportunity, ask him about his Twilek dancing boy in Star Wars Galaxies...

WIPO by TPD (4.00 / 1) #7 Sun Feb 13, 2005 at 07:55:16 PM EST
HuSi

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
My MMO-type hangouts by fluffy (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Feb 15, 2005 at 02:27:54 AM EST
A few MUCKs, and occasionally Second Life (which I was enamored with for a while since it's basically what Solace was going to be, but lately I've gotten really bored with it).
ceci n'est pas une signature
nigritude ultramarine
WoW | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden)