Print Story Stupid Firefox
By jad3675 (Tue Nov 08, 2005 at 07:32:47 AM EST) (all tags)
I had this nice diary all written up, and the damn browser crashes.

The Cliff Notes version:  Shoulder is very messed up, need MRI, might need surgery.  Went out on date past weekend with girl from speed dating, had a good time, but not really feeling a need for a 2nd date.  Starting to wonder if I'm too lazy to date anyone.

Note self:  use notepad to compose diaries in the future.

< How is it possible to screw up Shakespeare? | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Stupid Firefox | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden)
Firefox is indeed a buggy piece of crap by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Nov 08, 2005 at 07:50:36 AM EST
Fortunately for them, Internet Exploder is a badly featured bug-vector piece of crap, so I'm not going back just yet.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Opera. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Nov 08, 2005 at 08:02:16 AM EST
I hear there's some good stuff available on mobile platforms, too. If you're dorky enough to be interested in that.

Opera poisons your cats/dogs/children at night by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Nov 08, 2005 at 08:14:16 AM EST
For the love of all that is good and pure, don't use it.  And tell your friends, if you have any.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Don't worry. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Nov 09, 2005 at 03:09:49 AM EST
I'm an Opera user. I don't have friends.

Bowser poblem by gpig (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Nov 08, 2005 at 07:58:23 AM EST
Are you using the beta or the official 1.0.whatever?

Just wondering ....
(,   ,') -- eep

it's.... by jad3675 (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Nov 08, 2005 at 08:14:36 AM EST
version 1.0.6, and if I had had usatoday open on the other tab, I would have been fine. The activeX that they uses sometimes makes firefox behave weirdly.

Ah fair enough by gpig (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Nov 08, 2005 at 01:19:52 PM EST
I only ask because I use Fireferret at work on Windows, and it's crashed on me about once in however many years I've been using it (including previous Firebird & Phoenix incarnations).

It could be that I just avoid sites which write themselves for IE, if something looks like shit in Firefox it puts me off visiting that site again.
(,   ,') -- eep

Stupid Firefox | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden)