Print Story Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon.
By gzt (Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 10:29:44 AM EST) (all tags)
Actually, no, I had a dream that, among other things, I ate boric acid and it foamed in my mouth [?] so I spat out the foam twice and woke up immediately because I had just spat on my arm. I felt stupid and had a funny taste in my mouth. WTF, mate? Yeah, yesterday I woke up sucking boric acid.

The obvious interpretation: don't eat acid! I totally should've thought ahead on that.

In that dream, I also pondered how to write rules for a "tallest freestanding pile of goo" contest. How do you define goo? Does oatmeal count? What about jello? If goo is defined by viscosity, there are immediate limitations to the height based on the acceptable radius and the density of the goo. Not very fun. Scientific research needs to be done. I'll ask one of those people studying materials science or engineering or whatever it's called.

I don't know how that's related to boric acid.

Today: reading Reformation of Church and Dogma (1300-1700) by Pelikan. I need a pile of goo tall enough to throw Martin Chemnitz in.

That is all.

< The dog blog | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)
a question for you by rmg (3.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 10:33:47 AM EST
how attractive, on average, would you say orthodox women are as compared to the general population?

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.
Well, I've always had a thing... by gzt (3.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 10:46:46 AM EST
...for Ukrainians and other Slavs, so my answer would be that they're beyond belief, but you'd probably find better at your average frat party.

i see. by rmg (3.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 11:06:43 AM EST
i notice a lot of gymnists are from the east of europe (especially romania and the ukraine) and hence probably orthodox. could you speculate on the extent to which the converse is true?

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.
Very much so. by gzt (6.00 / 1) #5 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 04:42:08 PM EST
At least, in my experience, but I can't say about whether it's considerably higher than the simple Eastern Europe implies gymnast/hot percentage. I've simply known a lot of Eastern European gymnast/ballet/hot girls.

indeed. by rmg (3.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 06:28:44 PM EST
in fact, my lady from the recent diary was not quite eastern orthodox (she was coptic catholic but went to the greek church downtown), but as i mentioned, she is quite possibly the flyest honey around.

on the matter of gymnasts and ballerinas, i'd limberness can make up for a lot of shortcomings in any event. i mean, between a passed out sorority girl and a ballerina, i think the ballerina is the safer bet. advantage: eastern europeans.

[t]rolling retards conversation, period.

gymnasts by nathan (6.00 / 1) #8 Sat Jul 24, 2004 at 04:09:33 AM EST
There's a hell of a lot of people in Eastern Europe (like 300 million+) and some of them have mad crazy athletic talent. Plus the Romanians had Karoly Bela. That's how it boils down.

You have benn by blixco (3.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 10:36:24 AM EST
abducted by aliens.

Aliens with a sense of humor.
---------------------------------
Journeying through the world
To and fro, to and fro
Cultivating a small field.
-basho

Boric acid in ethanol burns green by celeriac (3.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jul 22, 2004 at 06:54:39 PM EST
I think competition-quality goo would be non-Newtonian and so wouldn't have a well-defined viscosity, as such.

Maybe rethink your stance on acid-eating?

Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden)