Print Story Suicide is man's way of telling God, You can't fire me - I quit.
Logic & Maths
By Bob Abooey (Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:36:02 AM EST) (all tags)
The Dalai Lama visited the White House and told the President that he could teach him to find a higher state of consciousness. Then after talking to Bush for a few minutes, he said, "You know what? Let's just grab lunch."

• I'm feeling a tad bit_better today, thank you very much. My ear stopped hurting, as well as my throat and most of my head, although my neck glands are still tender and I'm lacking any sort of noticeable spunk. Also let the record show that one human can indeed eat 52 Halls Mentho-LyptusTM in a 24 hour period with little or no adverse effects.
  • John Kerry was on NPR for about 5 minutes yesterday afternoon. He was kinda brash and not overly personable and didn't seem to be in a real cheery mood, truth be told. But the most disturbing thing, as far as I'm concerned, was the stupid God Awful accent/impediment where Mass people put an 'r' at the end of some words where the 'r' isn't there. Like idea, for instance, it's not idear, but rather it's idea. How hard is that? SAY IT WITH ME JOHN. I.d.e.a. Idea. That said, he's still about 100 times more well spoken than Bush the Baboon.
  • I downloaded the new Foxhole nee Firebird nee Phoenix web browser this morning and it seems to be okay. But, uh guys, you may want to can with the new name for every release trick, eh? Not that the names haven't all been just as dumb as fuck, mind you. Well, not that Mozilla was ever a good name anyways. Yeah, like my 95 year old Grandfather can really pronounce that. So how about just picking one good name and be done with it. Damn open sourcer retardsr.
  • I bought The Moon is a Harsh Mistress from half dot com on Fritag, and the book just so happened to be from someone who lives in the same town that I work in and my old friend LtD was spawned in. LtD broached the subject with me and told me that his pappy sells crap on half dot com and we both wondered if it's a small world after all. Well, yesterday as I was going out for lunch I found the book jammed in my mailbox in a manilla folder that had obviously not been shipped, but rather hand delivered, and showed a return adr of the same exact street that Ltd used to live on!! So, can it be? Did I scour the Internet for this stupid book just to end up buying it from LtD's dad two blocks away??? If so, well, the bastard screwed me $2.95 on shipping cause he never really shipped the book, but, well, I got it right quick anyways so I guess it's okay.
  • On the repast menu for today, as well as the rest of the week will be The Hammy the Sammy ~y~ a Mesquite Turkey Boob Stemitch!!! Somebody stop me before I kill again. Pickles, cheese, olives, mustard, buns blah blah blah.
< Every now and then | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Suicide is man's way of telling God, You can't fire me - I quit. | 33 comments (33 topical, 0 hidden)
Look by gazbo (5.80 / 5) #1 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:40:40 AM EST

I don't know if it's just missing from the USian dictionary, or you were writing it deliberately or what. Either way, I would be breaking numerous laws if I didn't comment on it.

wtf by tps12 (5.00 / 2) #2 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:44:09 AM EST
Someone was talking about Firefox yesterday and I thought it was a joke. What is wrong with those people?

But it's got this really funky logo of a firefox by TPD (3.00 / 0) #4 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:47:46 AM EST
which looks scarily like a faetous when shrunk to Icon size....

I approve!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

that's too bad by tps12 (5.00 / 1) #5 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:48:38 AM EST
I really liked their old sperm icon.

when it reaches 1.0 by TPD (6.00 / 1) #9 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:55:34 AM EST
it will look for all the world like a baby...

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM

Stability issues? by Breaker (5.50 / 2) #8 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:52:36 AM EST
So when it crashes, it's Firefox Down?

I'll get my coat...

They're filthy socially retarded hippies by Rogerborg (3.00 / 0) #19 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:15:50 AM EST
Who live in their parents' basements and play Dungeons and Dragons until they bleed from the eyes.

Didn't you get the memo?

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

Next version will be "Flaming Cabbage" by ENOENT (3.00 / 0) #21 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:19:54 AM EST
Discuss.

Life is just one damned thing after another.
Love is just two damned things after each other.

New! Improved! by notafurry (3.00 / 0) #32 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 06:25:38 AM EST
Same bloated memory footprint! Same slow rendering! New great smell of burning cole slaw!...

Nah.

Nah, it's more like this: by fluffy (5.00 / 1) #33 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 09:49:23 AM EST
Phoenix → Firebird → Firefox → one of:
  • Yiffyfox
  • Firechick (bird, fox, chick)
  • Red Panda (taking the same approach as "phoenix" to "firebird")
  • TEH SEXY BROWSAR

ceci n'est pas un signature
So then. . . by Lost In A Dream (6.00 / 1) #3 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:46:30 AM EST

After the Halle Barry controversy, are you just going to pretend that the whole Black History Month Debacle isn't happening at all?

Also, you said the words "Turkey Boob." I find this highly offensive and am currently preparing a lawsuit against Bob Abooey limited LLC.

___________________________________
. . .I wanted to watch it while my wife was watching "Trading gay men who redesign your living room for you out of the crap stored in your basement". -- ucblockhead

i'll sign on as part of the class by tps12 (3.00 / 0) #6 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:50:35 AM EST
I'd also like to add all female turkeys as co-defendants.

And all homeless people. . . by Lost In A Dream (3.00 / 0) #11 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:58:47 AM EST

Who would be offended that, while they have no food at all, Bob is speaking openly of his ability to eat succulent turkey boob flesh for lunch.

___________________________________

It's a long month by Bob Abooey (3.00 / 0) #7 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:52:23 AM EST
And it takes some time to scour google for the right pictures and all that and I just couldn't be aresed. But alas! I'm sure I'll spotlight more great moments in black history afore the month is over.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Boston accent by MillMan (3.00 / 0) #10 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:58:15 AM EST
I didn't realize that there were two components to it until I moved out here. The first is the obvious one, i.e. saying "cah" instead of "car." The second is the one you mention, and sweet merciful jesus, it makes my ears bleed. My boss says "dater" instead of "data." Makes me want to cause trauma to my eardrums. It will cost Kerry a few votes, which is unfortunate.

worse than Philly accent? by tps12 (3.00 / 0) #12 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 02:59:19 AM EST
"Ooder" for "water." Can't stand it.

I don't know if this is an accent or just laziness by DesiredUsername (3.00 / 0) #14 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:01:49 AM EST
but Mrs U says "o-eez" for "always".

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
oh man. by MillMan (3.00 / 0) #15 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:03:33 AM EST
I've never been to philly. Now I really have an excuse to not visit. ha.

Yep by Bob Abooey (3.00 / 0) #17 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:10:17 AM EST
I've always been annoyed by Ted Kennedy just for that very reason, well, that reason plus all the other ones.

Kerry doesn't do it that often and I'm guessing he's hired a speech coach to watch for it but he let out a crystal clear idear yesterday that made my spine quiver. I'll bet all the southern'rs just freak out and go running for Clark or Edwards if they hear that over and over.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Items by DesiredUsername (5.66 / 3) #13 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:00:53 AM EST
I hate that Mass accent thing where they put in r's in words where they don't exist, but IAWTP that it's not as bad as Bush's accent and how he puts WMDs in countries where they don't exist.

Also, I thought you were buying and reading classic litrature, what's with the Heinlii?

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline

Additional item by DesiredUsername (3.00 / 0) #16 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:04:42 AM EST
I thought Fire$ANIMAL was a separate project but it's right on the Mozillae page. What's the difference? Is it just the browser (in which case why the different version number)? Or does it just use Gecko (if it's still called that)? Or what? If only there were some kind of global data repository I could consult.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline
Sure by Bob Abooey (3.00 / 0) #20 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:19:24 AM EST
Firefoxhole is just the browser, in other words they removed the newsgroup and email and compiler and word processor and graphics and computer aided dispatch and contact manegement and database and spreadsheet software from mozilla and leave just the browser. I think it's using Gecko but since I really don't know what the hell that means I need to qualify that.

re re: Classics - Yes, I'm still reading them, although I've worked my way through most of the big ones already, but I do from time to time read other crap that's recommended to me.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

I was just on the verge of downloading it by DesiredUsername (3.00 / 0) #23 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:27:49 AM EST
but then I realized I use the mail/news. Is there a standalone dealie for that? Do I even care?

Moon is one of the top three Heinlein books, FWIW.

Now accepting suggestions for a new sigline

Yes/I don't know by Bob Abooey (3.00 / 0) #26 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:41:48 AM EST
The News/Mail program is it's own little entity, named.. JooJooBee if memory servers me correctly. It's all on the same site as Mozzila if you're so inclined.

I thought/think Firefly was a pretty good browser, sorta light and has all the functionality of Mozilla and all that.

As a sider note, the upgrade to Firefoxhole breaks the themes and you have to user the default one or else you lose your scrollbar, so be forewarned.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

Thunderbird by FlightTest (5.00 / 1) #29 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 04:54:32 AM EST

Although I wonder now that they've had to rename Firebird to Firefox, will Thunderbird soon be called Thunderfox?

not exactly by tps12 (6.00 / 1) #25 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:33:27 AM EST
It is a different codebase...the menus and controls in general are different, and some of the features are different as well. It does still use Gecko, and a lot of plugins work for both.

So, Bob by hulver (4.50 / 2) #18 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:14:36 AM EST
Are you going to spam MeFi with Every diary you write?
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Just for a while by Bob Abooey (5.33 / 3) #22 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:21:38 AM EST
Or until someone complains about it.

For some reason it brings me pleasure.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

brings you pleasure by tps12 (5.50 / 4) #24 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:32:04 AM EST
As all good masturbation should.

grandpa booey by sasquatchan (3.00 / 0) #27 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 03:50:17 AM EST
Wouldn't pronounce it muh-zil-er now would he ?

No by Bob Abooey (3.00 / 0) #31 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 05:09:16 AM EST
He pronounces it much like he pronounces just about everything these days, namely:

Whaaaaaaa?

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

If You Want by Lagged2Death (3.00 / 0) #28 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 04:24:59 AM EST
I'll tell Dad to mail you a brick or something, just to use up that shipping and handling, if it makes you feel better.

It's a small world after all, it's a small, small world. La la la.

Starfish automatically creates colorful abstract art for your PC desktop!

That's okay by Bob Abooey (3.00 / 0) #30 Tue Feb 10, 2004 at 04:56:41 AM EST
I find it pretty bizarre though, I mean, a toad eats a fly somewhere in Africa and I buy a book from your dad over the Internet... It's just freaky strange. It makes me wonder if maybe the Internet isn't really just made up of a dozen different guys all interacting with each other and it just seems like there are millions of different people out there.

As a side note I checked the list of books that your Dad has for sale and one of them is "What to do if your son is the Citibank Hacker" which pretty much confirms my longtime suspicion...

Warmest regards,