Print Story Games Industry Gossip / News
Games
By codemonkey uk (Fri Jan 23, 2004 at 03:28:29 AM EST) (all tags)
So, Nintendo has announced a new device, with two screens. Maybe it'll look a little something like this.

Anywho, more like this inside...

Yesterday there was an in house press event. You can see photos, and if you understand German, read all about the R*V studio on the futurezone.orf.at website. There is a little more about this rare event on Jurie's blog.

Aside: Am I the only person for whom the "Submit Ad" does not work. I send an email to *cough* HULVER *cough* and got no reply. Also, *cough* HULVER *cough* did your book arrive okay? If so, where is my eBay feedback? Isn't that the whole point of eBay?

Anyway, enough about Hulver's site, you people came here for "Games Industry Gossip / News", or something, so that's what I should provide.

Gamer Dad is a newish games site that I am assured is not the usual reactionary nonsense, and is in fact, quite industry savvy. That said, I've not got around to reading it myself yet, so please feel free to judge for yourself.

Finally, in closing, I have found what may be the funniest game review of a bad game ever: Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. "Just how bad is Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing? It's as bad as your mind will allow you to comprehend. It is so disturbingly bad that even its budget price tag seems like a slap in the face.", I'm just glad that nothing I've worked on has had (or deserved) that treatment...

< The final Kibosh | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Games Industry Gossip / News | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden)
And yet Big Rigs by Rogerborg (5.00 / 1) #1 Fri Jan 23, 2004 at 03:39:06 AM EST
still looks better than Tux Racer.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Cheep Shot by codemonkey uk (3.00 / 0) #2 Fri Jan 23, 2004 at 03:45:45 AM EST
Tux Racer looks pretty good. Considering it's a cross platform game, they've don't a decent job of it. Okay, it's been in development forever but still, to accuse it of looking worse than Big Rigs is just unfair.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Good point by Rogerborg (5.00 / 1) #9 Fri Jan 23, 2004 at 10:26:44 AM EST
I last looked at Tux Racer about three years ago, at which time it looked about two years behind real games.

I see it's moved on a minor version since then, and now only looks a year and a half old.  At that rate, I venture to guess that it will catch up sometime around 2089, or when Duke Nukem Forever is released, whichever comes first.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

Big Rigs by misfit13b (5.00 / 1) #3 Fri Jan 23, 2004 at 03:51:35 AM EST
I keep meaning to see that streamed video review. That must be hilarious.

I've seen it by codemonkey uk (5.00 / 1) #4 Fri Jan 23, 2004 at 03:52:33 AM EST
It is funny. But not as funny as the guy in it thinks it is.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Whoops by hulver (6.00 / 1) #5 Fri Jan 23, 2004 at 04:07:33 AM EST
I'm a baaaad ebayer. Sorry. I thought I'd left you feedback, but I forgot.

You can submit ads now as well.

I've not had a chance to check my emails today, due to being busier than a 20 legged man at an arse kicking competition.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Horay for Hulver! nt by codemonkey uk (3.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jan 23, 2004 at 04:17:08 AM EST
Whoa! by explodingheadboy (5.00 / 1) #7 Fri Jan 23, 2004 at 05:21:40 AM EST
A machine with 2 screens! Maybe it will finally allow them to rehash BATTLESHIP! You know... the board game!

How exciting!

And two screens... wow... maybe that three handed controller they made is about to make a comeback!

"Friends don't let friends set friends on fire."
[*rrng is dying]

Double post! by explodingheadboy (5.00 / 1) #8 Fri Jan 23, 2004 at 05:24:39 AM EST
(yeah, sorry about that)

I can't help but notice that their "codename" isn't that much of a codename...

"Nintendo DS" That couldn't mean "Double Screen"... no... simply not possible... and too obvious.

"Friends don't let friends set friends on fire."
[*rrng is dying]

Games Industry Gossip / News | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden)