Print Story Not the real PS3
Hardware
By codemonkey uk (Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 12:17:42 AM EST) (all tags)
There is a graphic doing the rounds right now that is believed to be a genuine PS3 concept image. Most sources seem to trace it back to this page on Gizmodo. The truth is, the image has nothing to do with Sony - it is actually, AFAICT, a French student's homework.

Roughly translated, the text on that page reads:
I'll show you my first work here. It is a NURBS based exercise that my girlfriend must do for her design school, and we thought it would be nice do do one each. It is drawn with Rhino 3 (nurbs based) and rendered with Brazil (no merit ?).

In other unrelated news, my website referral logs tell me I got 300 hits from http://hateatron.com/ in November, but I have no idea why.

< I love you all | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Not the real PS3 | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden)
Awesome! by Canthros (5.00 / 2) #1 Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 12:21:09 AM EST
The PS3 is a waffle iron!

Wacky. Nice to know that Internet is as excellent a source of disinformation as ever.

I'm not here, man.

I have to admit by MohammedNiyalSayeed (5.50 / 2) #2 Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 12:44:05 AM EST

If the PS3 ends up able to make waffles, it will increase the chance that I buy it. I don't know if Sony executives read HuSi diaries for ideas, but there's a little market research knocked out for them.

Mmmmm, waffles...

It *would* put a different spin on grid computing. by Canthros (5.00 / 2) #3 Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 12:49:20 AM EST
But I especially look foward to having having controllers which double as syrup dispensers.

I'm not here, man.

Don't you mean griddle computing? by MrPlow (5.50 / 2) #8 Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 03:34:19 AM EST

Hell by MisterQueue (5.33 / 3) #4 Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 12:50:14 AM EST
if it had a refillable syrup faucet you'd never have to leave the bed.

------------
"Give me some of that socialist lovin' deep inside my prissy right wing world!" -ni

Sure he would by theboz (5.50 / 4) #5 Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 01:07:22 AM EST
To fill the refillable syrup faucet, of course.
- - - - -
Clearly by codemonkey uk (5.50 / 2) #6 Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 01:14:30 AM EST
What is needed is a syrup pipline, connecting the rest of the world to the Candian syrup mines. The time of bottled syrup is over! It is time for syrup on tap!

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Great idea by theboz (5.00 / 2) #7 Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 01:16:14 AM EST
I think there's an extra port on the PS3 modem/NIC/IDE connecter/etc so it can be set up with draught syrup.
- - - - -
Hello, earth to Queue by lm (5.50 / 2) #9 Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 12:59:50 PM EST
Eventually the waffles and syrup would need to be emptied from the user.

Cicero, The Republic
Not if said user by MisterQueue (5.00 / 1) #10 Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 11:16:04 PM EST
had two bags and a nurse. Doesn't everyone have these items?

------------

Heh by GRiNGO (5.00 / 1) #11 Tue Dec 02, 2003 at 11:52:35 PM EST
Seems the register actually fell for it. Well, kinda.

- - -
"I send you to Baghdad a long time. Do they care, buddy?" - Three Kings.

Not the real PS3 | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden)