Germans need lots of "oxygen". They're always complaining, Ich kriege keinen Sauerstoff ("I'm not getting any oxygen"). If only. At the same time they also complain about drafts being terribly unhealthy and even have a special belt for motorcyclists to "protect their kidneys" from all that cold air rushing by. German bikers even wear it in summer.
Twenty below 0°C isn't uncommon in winter here. And yet there are a lot of Germans who will insist on opening the window all the way despite gale force winds, dropping the temperature 30 degrees in as many seconds. Because they "need some oxygen".
x-posted to da brog.
Monday April 30th
- thinking about food security (31 comments)
Thursday December 22nd
- To those that give (8 comments)
Thursday November 10th
- In Memoriam (9 comments)
Tuesday August 23rd
- Eight days (30 comments)
Saturday August 13th
- Thoughts on the riots (26 comments)
Monday August 1st
- On the way between there and here. (6 comments)
Wednesday July 6th
- So where was I? (12 comments)
Friday July 1st
- Automatic Asshole Correction (15 comments)
Sunday May 22nd
- We owe it to each other to tell stories. (10 comments)
Monday May 9th
- There was, once. (21 comments)