I say possible Orionid as most photos of meteors seem to look more needle-like. I don't think I actually saw this one as it happened, I was scanning the sky more generally while the camera did its thing. Anybody know enough about this to venture an opinion?
Taken on a 15s exposure, camera propped on a park bench -- I don't have a tripod unfortunately.
Update [2011-10-24 12:23:9 by ana]: Edited to add: After playing with the photo a bit , I think the camera must have moved. The "meteor" is actually just a trail from a star as the camera moves. Increasing the contrast of the image, I can see fainter, but otherwise identical trails from the other stars.
Monday April 30th
- thinking about food security (31 comments)
Thursday December 22nd
- To those that give (8 comments)
Thursday November 10th
- In Memoriam (9 comments)
Tuesday August 23rd
- Eight days (30 comments)
Saturday August 13th
- Thoughts on the riots (26 comments)
Monday August 1st
- On the way between there and here. (6 comments)
Wednesday July 6th
- So where was I? (12 comments)
Friday July 1st
- Automatic Asshole Correction (15 comments)
Sunday May 22nd
- We owe it to each other to tell stories. (10 comments)
Monday May 9th
- There was, once. (21 comments)