I say possible Orionid as most photos of meteors seem to look more needle-like. I don't think I actually saw this one as it happened, I was scanning the sky more generally while the camera did its thing. Anybody know enough about this to venture an opinion?
Taken on a 15s exposure, camera propped on a park bench -- I don't have a tripod unfortunately.
Update [2011-10-24 12:23:9 by ana]: Edited to add: After playing with the photo a bit , I think the camera must have moved. The "meteor" is actually just a trail from a star as the camera moves. Increasing the contrast of the image, I can see fainter, but otherwise identical trails from the other stars.
Monday August 1st
- On the way between there and here. (6 comments)
Wednesday July 6th
- So where was I? (12 comments)
Friday July 1st
- Automatic Asshole Correction (15 comments)
Sunday May 22nd
- We owe it to each other to tell stories. (10 comments)
Monday May 9th
- There was, once. (21 comments)
Wednesday April 27th
- Another good moment (10 comments)
Thursday April 21st
- There's almost certainly a word in German for it (20 comments)
Sunday April 10th
- Lying (8 comments)
Sunday March 27th
- Safety (20 comments)
Wednesday March 9th
- The stream of warm impermanence. (18 comments)