The various talking heads have said how awful this is, how the BNP will claim this gives them and their views legitimacy. And, well, the BNP will claim that. And, well, they'll be right.
Well, there is the question. But first of all, I'm going to bring it down to a very personal question - the one that set me off writing this (now you know who to blame). Can I bring myself to vote for Labour again at the next general election?
A year ago, I wrote a lament for socialism. Brown had secured the leadership of the Labour Party without an election, and so became Prime Minister. I predicted he would be the same as Blair, only with different presentation skills. Well, I suppose he tried to be the same as Blair, but his lack of presentation skills of any sort scuppered that.
Monday April 30th
- thinking about food security (31 comments)
Thursday December 22nd
- To those that give (8 comments)
Thursday November 10th
- In Memoriam (9 comments)
Tuesday August 23rd
- Eight days (30 comments)
Saturday August 13th
- Thoughts on the riots (26 comments)
Monday August 1st
- On the way between there and here. (6 comments)
Wednesday July 6th
- So where was I? (12 comments)
Friday July 1st
- Automatic Asshole Correction (15 comments)
Sunday May 22nd
- We owe it to each other to tell stories. (10 comments)
Monday May 9th
- There was, once. (21 comments)